Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For those in L.A. through (at least!) July 15th...  (Read 1266 times)

TwoInchQuad

For those in L.A. through (at least!) July 15th...
« on: June 26, 2007, 10:56:39 PM »
I'm not certain if this has been covered previously, but J. Keith and his band of merry-makers are back at the ACME Theatre for a limited number of Sunday nights, including at least one of which that appears to coincide with a notable Los Angeles get-together!

You can find out more at the "official" unofficial WML-Live page:

http://www.whatsmyline.org/

And even more at J. Keith's blog site for the show:

http://jkeith.net/wordpress2/category/self...-live-on-stage/

Hope everyone can come to at least one... they're great fun!

-Kevin

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »
[quote name=\'TwoInchQuad\' post=\'156150\' date=\'Jun 26 2007, 09:56 PM\']
I'm not certain if this has been covered previously, but J. Keith and his band of merry-makers are back at the ACME Theatre for a limited number of Sunday nights, including at least one of which that appears to coincide with a notable Los Angeles get-together!
[/quote]
I've had the pleasure of seeing them three times (including the staged-for-the-Congreff show at the Burbank Airport hotel last year), so I'll second the endorsement.  But I must ask--am I missing something? I only see shows through July 8 on J. Keith's site (which wouldn't permit me to take one in before I arrive for the Congreff, much as I would like to).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 02:57:23 AM »
I just spoke with J. Keith today, and he indicated they will be there through at least July 15th... as to why it's not on the website, I'm guessing they don't have the panel for the 7/15 show confirmed yet.

But he tells me they'll be there, so I believe him.   :^)

-Kevin
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 02:58:54 AM by TwoInchQuad »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »
[quote name=\'TwoInchQuad\' post=\'156157\' date=\'Jun 27 2007, 02:57 AM\']
But he tells me they'll be there, so I believe him.   :^)[/quote]
As an entertainment for us, this is wonderful news.  I've enjoyed J Keith's shows every summer, and I'm excited about seeing another one on the 15th.  My excitement is tempered somewhat by the disappointment that these remarkably clever and entertaining individuals haven't been able to find more professional opportunities to display their talents.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.