Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC renews "National Bingo Night"  (Read 7585 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
ABC renews "National Bingo Night"
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 01:33:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157724\' date=\'Jul 17 2007, 10:12 AM\']
REPONSE BACK:
[/quote]
Yeah, you're not gonna last long. You might do well to lurk for a while and figure out some things. Like the "quote" function.
Very, Very True, $50,000 is Fear Factor Money but twards bingo COME ON! The Ratings were Abysmal at the very most.
...and the hits to the website were superb. Which is clearly why it got picked up.
The Question Format was Great!
Oh, boy.
His Promotions for "Boston Legal Tuesday Nights at 10 on ABC" were not so great
But it's okay for Dick Clark to remind us to watch Bandstand over the weekend when signing off on a Friday, and to watch Pyramid during the week when closing up shop at the Bandstand? Pick one, dude. And be very careful about what you pick.
and to top it off, he was a jinx, there was never a time on that show, where a person picked the Killer Card on a Correct Answer
You're making quite a legacy for yourself, chief.
I'm sorry, its just when i hear "National Bingo Night" and i see NOOOOOOOOOOOOO BINGO being played by the contestant, I get scared
God, the pain, make it stop.
If I did not last long, its because my opinions represent the fine folks of "Jordan Hass", and not of its sponsors or parent companies.
Have you, perchance, met Mario500? You two should talk.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jordan Hass

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 01:37:36 PM »
Hmmm... getting a little OT are we clemon?

Anyway, Ed Sanders is a good host, and i am sure the ad-revenue for K-Mart went through the roof on National Bingo Night.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 01:45:27 PM »
Have you, perchance, met Mario500? You two should talk.

Wow...Chris totally Kelly Ripa'ed you.

Jordan, have you tried the GSN boards? They have some other posters that may be more suited for your um, style.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 01:46:05 PM by urbanpreppie05 »
insert signature here

Jordan Hass

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 01:55:34 PM »
Actually I have, lets just say, its far more evil there, they will just bite you, if you make one suggestion with Lingo. "WHAT YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE THE SET"

As far as National Bingo Night is concerned, I believe there are much better shows to get a second season, than this show, flame me if you wish, but its just a really cheap show. I could most likely see this more on Mid-day Television than I can on Prime-Time.

You Have 4 Different Games-
Higher or Lower
Red or Black (which confuses the hell out of people, including me)
Even or Odd
"Randomly pull the trigger and hope it has the same matching digit as the VID/Safe/Board"

It is like "The Price is Right" in terms of Prizes, and the games they play, but the only redeeming quality of the show, is it gives away $50,000 to a home viewer every episode.

Its not to say its the worst thing i've seen on TV recently, but it is up there.

clemon79

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157738\' date=\'Jul 17 2007, 10:55 AM\']
As far as National Bingo Night is concerned, I believe there are much better shows to get a second season, than this show, flame me if you wish, but its just a really cheap show. I could most likely see this more on Mid-day Television than I can on Prime-Time.
[/quote]The entire POINT of television game shows is that they are cheap to produce. Or are you unsatisfied that the top prize is only $50K? Because if you are, cry me a friggin' river.
Red or Black (which confuses the hell out of people, including me)
I can see where telling the difference between two colors might be taxing.
Its not to say its the worst thing i've seen on TV recently, but it is up there.
So, erm, don't watch it?

Tell us, O Great And Wise FNG, what would you rather see in that slot? What game show would you rather see ABC run? (And please answer that knowing that YDKJ is not going to be pulled out of the mothballs, and that there is a VERY GOOD REASON that Show Me Teh Shatner was shiatcanned before even ended its trial run.)

Jordan Hass

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 02:21:55 PM »
I am glad you asked, I believe the one show, that we all forgot to mention, that Buzzerblog said should be in the slot.

SUPER MILLIONAIRE

I could get over losing Jack, "Shat" and any other ABC show, but this show had to be one of the greatest Game Shows ever, Sure Meridth hosts Syndicated Episodes of Millionaire, but its all about Regis and the chance to win $10,000,000

and if they don't bring that back, get The Mole back on the AIR, I don't care who hosts it, Celebrity Edition or Otherwise, just bring back this reality show. It was a great blend of Sabotage and Skill.

ABC sure had alot of failed shows, The Chair and "The Will" being two of them. I am sure everyone was just shocked, when after two episodes of NBN aired, that it wouldn't last, yet it still is airing.

---

I do agree with you Fred on the point of game shows is "to give less, and recieve alot" from ad revenue. But if the companies give their hard-earned money to a show, that had very low ratings, would it make their company look bad? Even though K-Mart is not really doing well anyway, seeing they were near-bankrupt a few years ago, and ABC is owned by Disney so they can afford to give away free Disney DVDs and free tickets to see their movies.

Its just how tense could they get, if they had to use Craigslist to get "good looking" audience members to play their game?

Its a good concept, that i wish had more games.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 02:28:47 PM by Jordan Hass »

clemon79

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 02:29:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157745\' date=\'Jul 17 2007, 11:21 AM\']
I am glad you asked, I believe the one show, that we all forgot to mention, that Buzzerblog said should be in the slot.[/quote]
You'll forgive me if I don't base my opinions on the say-so of one guy.
but Regis and the chance to win $10,000,000
You're really not familiar with the concept of a "prize budget", are you?
get The Mole back on the AIR, I don't care who hosts it, Celebrity Edition or Otherwise, just bring back this reality show.
If it was successful when it aired, it would still be around. It wasn't. It isn't.
Its just how tense could they get, if they had to use Craigslist to get "good looking" audience members to play their game?
Huh?

Jordan Hass

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 02:41:39 PM »
Fred, before "National Bingo Night" aired, the casting directors made a post on Craigslist asking for "Good Looking People" to try out "A new game show centered around Bingo", with them being comped $100 no matter what.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tfr/312928486.html

I am familiar with a prize budget, for a show, You can't give away a huge pile of cash an episode, unless the ratings and the advertisers could proove it otherwise. Obliviou$ on SpikeTV was one of the better game shows on television, and their budget must have been cheaper, with a possible top prize of $600.

Cash Cab is also cheap, with an average of about $1,500 given an episode for a max of 4 contestants an episode.

Some games (Lingo, Camoflauge, That's The Question) have a small prize amount. But it is understandable because GSN has to be cheap.

But Instead of whining about prize budgets and getting Off Topic, I will just ask "What is up with some of the prizes?"

-A date with Fabio?
-Cookies Baked by Betty White?

I love gag prizes as much as the next guy, but are you sure Betty White made those cookies?

tpirfan28

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 02:54:02 PM »
I will agree with Chris on this one...it's nice to see this show back.  And probably for ABC's bottom line, it's definitely cheap to do.

And Jordan...you're not making sense.  Slow down.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 02:57:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157754\' date=\'Jul 17 2007, 01:41 PM\']
But it is understandable because GSN has to be cheap.
[/quote]
Why does GSN have to be "cheap"?  They've given away over $100,000 in the not-so-distant past.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2007, 02:59:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Jordan Hass\' post=\'157754\' date=\'Jul 17 2007, 11:41 AM\']
Fred, before "National Bingo Night" aired, the casting directors made a post on Craigslist asking for "Good Looking People" to try out "A new game show centered around Bingo",
[/quote]
Yes, that much I got. It was the whole "tense" thing that catapulted that whole comment into the land of the cryptic.
I am familiar with a prize budget, for a show, You can't give away a huge pile of cash an episode,
Yet you want Super Millionaire back, where I promise you the prize budget is a damn sight bigger than $50K a show.
But Instead of whining about prize budgets and getting Off Topic,
Please to be showing me where I was "whining" about prize budgets, or, for that matter, where bringing it up was "Off Topic" in any way.

You're going to quickly learn that "Off Topic" does not mean "Any point that Jordan doesn't want to address."
I love gag prizes as much as the next guy, but are you sure Betty White made those cookies?
Why the hell would you LIE about that?

"These cookies came from Mrs. Fields. I can tell. I'm going to SUE....wait, actually, these are really good..."

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2007, 12:20:11 AM »
I do have to admit it: $10,000,000 is not nearly as impressive as $10,000,000.

I feel like I'm reading a gossip column. FLASH! A certain Wink Martindale was spotted at the local Safeway buying several tomatoes.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin