Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Talk/Play Game Shows on BlogTalk  (Read 1424 times)

TheGameShowGuy

Talk/Play Game Shows on BlogTalk
« on: July 19, 2007, 08:20:44 AM »
To Everyone at Invision:

I'd like to invite everyone here to tune into my BlogTalk Radio show "Art's Game Show Party"... Friday Nights at 10:30 on BlogTalk Radio (  www.blogtalkradio.com/thegameshowguy  ) ... Then stay with BlogTalk at 11:00 for my good friend (and professional broadcaster) Phil Manners' show on gameshows... www.blogtalkradio.com/philmediaguy   ...

I hope to start off 90 minutes of game show related talk and games to ring in the weekend. I will present some topics then play a game with some callers. Phil has been doing this for a while and does a mix of issues ,with occasional guests and a game too.  

I'll be honest... this is uncharted territory for me. While I am the official Game Show expert at the college I teach at - doing almost all their game show events and quiz bowls, as well as Phil's cable access shows (which can be seen on his website linked to his blogtalk page) I see game shows as a  visual experience so an audio only show is something I needed to ponder.  I got the whim to do this back when J. Keith Van Straaten started his Blog Talk show this past winter. (I learned of it here!) I tuned in and thought WOW another avenue for gameshows! I opened an account and-- immediately went on hiatus!!

But I finally decided (as I am currently in the game show production mode -doing gameshows at the local recreation center) to give this a try.  Please forgive my (as my friend Steve McClellan says my foriegn) Brooklyn accent (I teach English with that accent!!) and if you have a chance tune in to our BlogTalk shows this Friday night.  I value the input of members of the board... so let me know how I can improve my show!
Phil has a great topic planned: He will be discussing "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego" this week...
I'm truly hoping to start a Friday night game show tradition.

Here  Goes!!Thanks for reading,

-----Art Kurtz
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:24:57 AM by TheGameShowGuy »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:35:26 AM »
I would strongly consider doing the show on a night other than a Friday. Of course, if Friday is all that your schedule permits, then it is what it is, but I think you're going to be facing a REALLY uphill battle for your audience. There's a reason that the TV networks burn off shows on a Friday. Nobody's home. (Certainly I'm not.)

That said, as someone who has considered hosting a call-in show online, but never got around to it, I wish you the very best luck and much good wishes for success.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rialtus

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 03:49:38 PM »
[quote name=\'TheGameShowGuy\' post=\'157895\' date=\'Jul 19 2007, 07:20 AM\']... Friday Nights at 10:30 on BlogTalk Radio (  www.blogtalkradio.com/thegameshowguy  ) ... Then stay with BlogTalk at 11:00 for my good friend (and professional broadcaster) Phil Manners' show on gameshows... [/quote]And for those that are interested, what time zone would that be in?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 03:57:28 PM »
[quote name=\'rialtus\' post=\'157927\' date=\'Jul 19 2007, 12:49 PM\']
And for those that are interested, what time zone would that be in?
[/quote]
Five bucks says it's Eastern.

/there are other time zones?
//wesside!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davewalls

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 03:59:15 PM »
Art is from New York, guaranteed it's EST.

He's a good guy, too. If you've got the time, give him a listen.
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 03:59:52 PM »
I'd also like to plug another BTR game-show related show hosted by an acquaintance of Art and myself, The Game Game. This one usually goes off Monday nights around 11 PM.

Check here for more info
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TheGameShowGuy

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 09:53:42 PM »
YES!
It is eastern time...
10:30 EST
9:30 Central
8:30 Mountain
7:30 Pacific...
Should have done that before...I grew up with those announcements!

Phil's show is a half hour after mine starts  and has been on for a while. If you can't make my show- catch Phil's and check out mine in the archives... Like "Whew!" my show will run 25 minutes so listeners can grab a snack and then switch to Phil's Game Shows page ---and Phil and myself can get ready for his show which follows mine and I enjoy being a part of... Like " being on a game show" my line when I was on Millionaire... "I highly recommend it!!"

Thanks everyone ...
(and a special thanks to Dave W. and Chris  for the kind words and good wishes!)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 10:09:18 PM by TheGameShowGuy »