Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR's Next Host  (Read 8006 times)

BrandonFG

TPiR's Next Host
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 01:30:41 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I think this could work out.

Yes, I like Todd as a choice, but outside the fanb0i circle, he's an unknown. Honestly, it's not like Steines is a household name either, compared to say, John Tesh, or even Bob Goen...John Tesh, now there's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Drew, on the other hand, starred in a successful sitcom* that still airs in syndication, and I know a lot of people who fondly loved Whose Line...even if it was for Wayne or Colin. Bottom line: Drew has name recognition and is good on his toes. And he proved in the interview that he GETS IT.

*Granted, ABC did the show worse than CBS with WKRP, he still got nine years...that's good for ANY show.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvrandywest

TPiR's Next Host
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 05:36:18 PM »
I started the thread, and can now end it. The deal is done.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:40:17 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

davemackey

TPiR's Next Host
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 10:46:56 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'158130\' date=\'Jul 21 2007, 05:28 PM\']
Well, Drew has the perfect opportunity to tell us if he's doing "Price" or not - he's set to do David Letterman's show on Monday.[/quote]

There, fixed that for me. (And Randy, sorry I added on to your ended thread there.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 10:47:48 PM by davemackey »

tvrandywest

TPiR's Next Host
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2007, 11:51:21 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'158379\' date=\'Jul 23 2007, 07:46 PM\']
There, fixed that for me. (And Randy, sorry I added on to your ended thread there.)
[/quote]No prob. It gives me another chance to say "I told ya so"!!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com