Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND Arcade Game  (Read 1671 times)

Jumpondees

DoND Arcade Game
« on: August 08, 2007, 05:20:53 PM »
I didn't see anyone mention this...but I've seen a DoND arcade machine over the weekend.

The design of the cabinet looks great, and the graphics seem to be decent, but the downside is the models used in the game are not the actual models from the show...and no disembodied voice of Howie Mandel.

For those of you in the Pittsburgh area, I found it at the Ace's Break Away and Play on the lower level of Monroeville Mall if you all were so inclined to check it out.

Since I was not able to videotape my experiece, I did find video online of someone who did...Here's the link

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/639845/deal_...arcade_machine/

UPDATE:

Just found the page from the manufacturer ICE Games.

http://www.icegame.com/GameDetailMedia.aspx?ProductID=163
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:27:42 PM by Jumpondees »

BrandonFG

DoND Arcade Game
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 06:05:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'160015\' date=\'Aug 8 2007, 05:20 PM\']
I didn't see anyone mention this...but I've seen a DoND arcade machine over the weekend.
[/quote]
It's on the board somewhere...someone brought it up about a month or so ago, and linked to a video of someone playing it.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
DoND Arcade Game
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 07:12:33 PM »
Yeah, it was buried in my DoND DS review.

That said, fourth hit when searching on "+dond +arcade".

/prolly fifth now
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:13:13 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jumpondees

DoND Arcade Game
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 10:07:03 PM »
Then my apologies for beating a virtually dead horse...As much as I try to read every post, sometimes its the small things that get thru the cracks.  

I'm even surprised at myself that I didn't see that one, something like that I would have remembered had I seen it.

I'll just take my O Cedar broom and push this under the orange colored shag carpeting, and walk away quietly.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
DoND Arcade Game
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 10:25:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'160054\' date=\'Aug 8 2007, 07:07 PM\']
Then my apologies for beating a virtually dead horse...As much as I try to read every post, sometimes its the small things that get thru the cracks.  
[/quote]
It's not a huge deal, man. I'm just sayin', it could have been found, is all. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mike Tennant

DoND Arcade Game
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 09:29:13 AM »
I just want to add that I really enjoyed the subheading of this thread.  The plastic spider ring is always the prize I reference in regard to such arcades.

Sonic Whammy

DoND Arcade Game
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 01:13:32 PM »
Yep, I've seen those arcade games, too. I've played them several times up in Lake George, too.

One of the biggest things I've noticed about the game is that the Banker's offers are actually DROPPING as the game progresses. Normally, on the real show, the percentage of the average that the Banker offers usually increases by about 10% or so each round. In the arcade, however, I did the math and here's what I found:

After Round 1: 11 cases left, Offer is around 80-82% of the average
After Round 2: 7 cases left, Offer is around 62.5%
After Round 3: 4 cases left, Offer is around 53%
After Round 4: 2 cases left, Offer is (thankfully) the average, rounded down

So they get it right at the end, but they're making you push for it all the way. Basically, in any given round, if you take off even one remotely good case like the 75 and up, expect your offer to take a serious hit.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now