Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Temptation" to get a prime-time preview  (Read 9654 times)

LA the DJ

"Temptation" to get a prime-time preview
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 02:29:33 PM »
Oddly enough, I've discovered (via tvguide.com) that the preview episodes will not seen by me due to them being on MyNet which is too high on Comcast's digital tier.
However, the series will be airing on CW, which is in the basic lineup.
I think it's a good sign for the show, since ABC, NBC, the CW, and MyNet affils are all owned by the same people in Fort Wayne, and they had enough confidence in the show to put it on CW (channel 19) vs. MyNet (channel 221).
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

tpirfan28

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'162469\' date=\'Aug 31 2007, 02:29 PM\']
...since ABC, NBC, the CW, and MyNet affils are all owned by the same people in Fort Wayne, and they had enough confidence in the show to put it on CW (channel 19) vs. MyNet (channel 221).
[/quote]
Yeah...I hate you now. ;)

My ABC and MyNet affils are owned by the same people.  The ABC station is airing Temptation.  The preview is on the MyNet arm.  Surely they (ABC arm) could have given up an airing of *something* to put this on the schedule.  They don't even have late-night news.

I hate them too. ;)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 03:21:28 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'162470\' date=\'Aug 31 2007, 12:04 PM\']
My ABC and MyNet affils are owned by the same people.  The ABC station is airing Temptation.  The preview is on the MyNet arm.  Surely they (ABC arm) could have given up an airing of *something* to put this on the schedule.[/quote]
Um, this is because it is a NETWORK preview. Usually, a network does not air their programming on another network, particularly at the expense of the other network's programming. So if you want to hate them, go ahead, but that hate is WAY misguided.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bandit_bobby

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 08:18:24 PM »
It's been a long time since I can remember watching "Sale of the Century" on USA. I'm born ready for this.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'162494\' date=\'Aug 31 2007, 08:18 PM\']I'm born ready for this.[/quote]
I find it hard to believe that God's great purpose for you was for you to watch a revived game show.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 09:27:57 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

dzinkin

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 10:17:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'162501\' date=\'Aug 31 2007, 09:23 PM\']
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'162494\' date=\'Aug 31 2007, 08:18 PM\']I'm born ready for this.[/quote]
I find it hard to believe that God's great purpose for you was for you to watch a revived game show.
[/quote]
It certainly would explain a lot.

davidhammett

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 12:16:40 AM »
The following article and video was just posted today at Entertainment Weekly's website... it will give you a bit more of an idea about how "Temptation" will look...

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/08/a-game-show-hos.html

Steve McClellan

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 01:53:17 AM »
[quote name=\'davidhammett\' date=\'Aug 31 2007, 09:16 PM\'] The following article and video was just posted today at Entertainment Weekly's website... it will give you a bit more of an idea about how "Temptation" will look...[/quote]
And all I can think is, "Damn, I'm relieved to hear those questions."

clemon79

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 06:19:19 AM »
It's a good looking set, too.

My hopes have been raised quite a bit. The words "Temptation: The New Sale of the Century" did that.

tvwxman

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2007, 06:27:14 AM »
Boy, I feel a lot better now about the potential  here, having seen those clips.

And I'm going to take a cue from Bandit Bobby. I"m selling the house, dumping the wife, and putting my 9 month old up for adoption, so that I can buy the biggest damn tv I can, and eliminate any annoyances that may get in the way of me watching Temptation on my local affiliate!  For my life now, it's Rossi or nothing at all.

Thanks Bandit! Your words of wisdom have truly moved me!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 06:36:16 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'162518\' date=\'Sep 1 2007, 03:27 AM\']
Thanks Bandit! Your words of wisdom have truly moved me!
[/quote]
They've moved me, too. Which is good, since I've been constipated much of the day.

/clearly I need more of t3h gazpach0

The Pyramids

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 08:45:23 AM »
The name Ginger Simpson sounds familiar. What else has  she done?

BrandonFG

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 03:43:13 PM »
I LOVE the set...and the theme song (from what I heard), sounds sweet...very dramatic but still something you can hum. Am I to assume there's no announcer and Rossi will introduce the show?

And this is just a minor thing with me, but the vanity license plate with the show's name is really cool...a nice throwback to when more shows offered cars, and abbreviated the show's name on a vanity plate.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 03:51:03 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'162527\' date=\'Sep 1 2007, 12:43 PM\']
I LOVE the set...and the theme song (from what I heard), sounds sweet...very dramatic but still something you can hum. Am I to assume there's no announcer and Rossi will introduce the show?
[/quote]
That's the way the Australian show works, so I imagine our version will be no different. The reporter's (piss-poor) performance is right in line with the format.

davidhammett

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 04:53:16 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'162527\' date=\'Sep 1 2007, 03:43 PM\']
[/quote]
To the best of my knowledge, there is no announce after Rossi introduces the show as the reporter does in the clip... just the transitional title roll going by on the screen to give him a chance to get to his post.