Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Carey, Animal Rights Advocate  (Read 1664 times)

Matt Ottinger

Drew Carey, Animal Rights Advocate
« on: July 25, 2007, 04:58:26 PM »
While describing his love of soccer on Letterman Monday, Drew made a comment that if Michael Vick was allowed to play quarterback, he'd never watch another professional football game again.  I thought that was a surprisingly strong out-of-nowhere statement to make, but didn't think much of it.

Now comes a report that Drew will continue using Bob's spayed-and-neutered line on TPIR.  Not only that, but Barker says Dr. Phil may start using it as well.

Also, for those of you upset that Carey wasn't all that familiar with the show, Barker says he hasn't seen Carey's work either.  So they're even.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 05:52:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'158603\' date=\'Jul 25 2007, 01:58 PM\']
While describing his love of soccer on Letterman Monday, Drew made a comment that if Michael Vick was allowed to play quarterback, he'd never watch another professional football game again. I thought that was a surprisingly strong out-of-nowhere statement to make, but didn't think much of it.[/quote]
Not really. The guy is a Cleveland Browns fan. It can be argued that he's not watching professional football in the first place. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

LA the DJ

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 06:45:38 PM »
That's a really nice tip to one of the truly good things Bob accomplished in his career. I'd wondered if the new host would continue that, or if it would be considered a bad thing to take a line from his predecessor.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.