Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DVD Games...  (Read 1349 times)

WhammyGuy28

DVD Games...
« on: July 28, 2007, 08:11:25 PM »
So I've noticed quite a few game shows are coming out on DVD.  Price & Deal have been out for a while.  Family Feud's got a few different versions out.  PYL recently(?) came out on DVD.  Pyramid came out on DVD a while back, but that turned out to be such a lame game.  Deal or No Deal and Price also turned out to be somewhat lacking IMO.  So, before I go on a huge spending spree, which ones do you all think are worth buying, and which are to be avoided?  Discuss! =)

-- Matt
"What kind of man would live in a world where there is no daring? I don't believe in taking foolish chances, but nothing can be accomplished without taking any chance at all."

-- Charles Augustus Lindberg

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
DVD Games...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 06:00:54 AM »
I think they're all crap, personally. DVD technology just isn't appropriate for that sort of game.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tyshaun1

DVD Games...
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 11:36:16 AM »
For the first time, I can say appropriately.........

Press Your Luck sucks.

Tyshaun

alfonzos

DVD Games...
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 04:58:30 PM »
TPiR came very close to excellence but Cliffhangers and the Showcase round don't play well in the multiple choice format and sometimes the game doesn't give the value of the prize the player is playing for (that makes it difficult to keep a running tally). Announcers and graphics are also mixed-and-matched. Too bad.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

johnnyd1788

DVD Games...
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 08:19:44 PM »
I think they're all great for the casual game player, but if you like to analyze things like a lot of us here do, then they probably all suck.

Personally, I love to play TPiR but detest PYL, and I think the 1st edition Karn's Family Feud was alright.

Every game I own has been played in a group, and the response is always very good despite multiple differences in game play, the game vs. the actual show.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 08:24:30 PM by johnnyd1788 »