Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Carey Ready to Take on "The Price is Right"  (Read 7810 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Drew Carey Ready to Take on "The Price is Right"
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007, 03:57:39 PM »
TPIR has used a single stage for 35+ years.

Even if you found the ideal venue, crowd control would be the downfall, as it was in Las Vegas.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 04:06:56 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'158812\' date=\'Jul 27 2007, 09:36 AM\']
Yes but...if you're traveling to major cities, why do you need to schlep prizes around?
[/quote]

I started to ask the same question--but whether you shlep the prizes or get them delivered from local dealers, you still want prizes on stage.  Part of the fun of "Price" is seeing the car roll out on stage, having the model snuggle into Contestants' Row with the jewelery on, etc.  Video wall, film-clip, art-card...it's not the same.

/yes, I know they don't put the Eiffel Tower on stage for a trip to France.
//or a 747 for the round-trip airfare for two...
///membership in the mile-high club not included
////that we know of
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 04:38:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'158859\' date=\'Jul 27 2007, 01:06 PM\']
I started to ask the same question--but whether you shlep the prizes or get them delivered from local dealers, you still want prizes on stage.[/quote]You'd still have them on stage. I think Jay is asking why, if you're in a big enough city to find them easily, you would carry the prizes as part of your travelling show instead of borrowing or renting them from someplace local.

And I think the answer to that is: do you want to be caught in Cleveland needing a certain brand of bed and the local stores all happen to be out of it? That just isn't a chance you take.

/do you want to be caught in Cleveland needing a certain brand of bed
//there, fixed that for me
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 07:34:56 PM »
Cars could be had from local dealers, and possibly trailers and RVs, but that might be the extent of it. It would be a job making sure the local guy had the right make and model of whatever prize you need on hand on the day you need it and that he doesn't sell it before you get there.

Terry K

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 02:21:07 PM »
And in the case of the prizes that a local guy might not have, the manufacturer would see to it that the particular item was in the hands of the TPIR people prior to taping.