Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Ralph Andrews library  (Read 10464 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
The Ralph Andrews library
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 02:21:37 PM »
[quote name=\'mbclev\' post=\'159956\' date=\'Aug 8 2007, 01:16 AM\']
The song you mentioned is actually called "26 Miles".
[/quote]
Please to be learning proper quoting.  'Twould be much appreciated.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 02:43:39 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'159991\' date=\'Aug 8 2007, 02:21 PM\']
Please to be learning proper quoting.  'Twould be much appreciated.[/quote]
Specifically, the concept of "less is more."  It's not necessary to quote an entire, long post to make a brief comment about one small part of it.  It's hard for everyone else to follow your point.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2007, 08:14:49 PM »
Thanks for your kind words. I am very fortunate to have experienced the game show situations that I did. I am happy to share them with fellow enthusiasts—maybe so that some can vicariously relive them with me. I'll most likely separate them into several threads so this one doesn't get too far out of control!

Yes, please.  I'll look forward to reading more about your experiences.

Too bad about not having the tapes...us collectors are dying for more episodes of shows like Knockout and Celebrity Sweepstakes!  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clanky06

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2007, 11:38:27 PM »
Here's one more little tidbit. If you go to Page O'Clips and type in Celebrity in the Search Clip window, click on the orange rectangle, you will bring up 5 Celebrity Sweepstakes clips. Watch the rightmost clip. After the introductions, there is an audience shot. The lady with short brown hair, white collar and top with horizontal stripes was my wife Debbie.

calliaume

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'159487\' date=\'Aug 3 2007, 12:34 PM\']
I know it was reported that Celebrity Sweepstakes was considered for a revival sometime in the '90s.  Do you think a show like that would fly today?  Seeing how most new games are being made these days, it would probably pale in comparison to the original series anyway...
[/quote]
That was me.  Within a period of six months in 2000, the following people got in touch with me:

Jim MacKrell, to correct a bunch of things on the page -- real nice guy;
Burt Sugarman (or a member of his staff), to see if I knew where Ralph Andrews was
Ralph Andrews, to add a couple of notes as well, whereupon I told him that Burt Sugarman was trying to find him

At this point, Hollywood Squares was doing pretty well, so a revival made sense.  Clearly, it doesn't now.