Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Wheel of Fortune" S25 Changes...  (Read 2296 times)

tpirfan28

"Wheel of Fortune" S25 Changes...
« on: August 10, 2007, 04:48:51 PM »
The following comes from this post over at the "Wheel" message board, from someone who will be on episode #1 of the new season.

Here's just one snippet that flabbergasted me....

They added a BIG MONEY wedge to the wheel which has a little tv monitor that displays BANKRUPT, LOSE A TURN, $5,000, $7,500, or $25,000! The screen changes with every spin, but if you're about to land on it you'll know what it is (it won't change during mid-spin). There is also a "25" wedge. If you land on it you get "25" of something worth $2,500. I remember seeing "25" 100 dollar bills and a $2,500 gift card for Chevron gas.

They're also Mo' Moneying it too.  Thoughts?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

cmjb13

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 04:59:42 PM »
Well I warned you.

Sort of.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 05:12:04 PM »
That's certainly one way to finally crack six figures in the main game. Might take a while to get someone with a Wild Card to hit the $25K, though.

I think the Big Money space sounds equally interesting and eye-roll-inducing--but that puts it well ahead of the Wild Card concept. The rest of it sounds like the standard promotional gimmicks. (They've rarely given away sub-$5000 trips in the past couple of years anyway.)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 05:12:11 PM »
A *wedge* I can deal with...but is this a single-round gimmick or something that remains the entire show?

Either, way, I'm okay with it, but it seems a little excessive for the entire show...then again, I can't imagine that it would be a lot of extra weight to just keep it for one round.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 07:15:03 PM »
I was just asked an interesting question:

Wouldn't putting a monitor in the wheel make its weight uneven?

The only way I would figure is if they made the whole thing a bit heavier.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 07:39:15 PM »
I guess no one watches Wheel for the puzzles anymore.

Something that bothered me about that post was that (s)he posted results in the sig.  Wouldn't that pretty much break any non-disclosure agreement?
This signature is currently under construction.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 08:23:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'160197\' date=\'Aug 10 2007, 04:12 PM\']That's certainly one way to finally crack six figures in the main game. Might take a while to get someone with a Wild Card to hit the $25K, though.[/quote]
Do we know whether the Wild Card is coming back? It seems like it didn't make the impact one would hope it would make last season.

--
Scott Robinson

Two Lose a Turns on the wheel? Blasphemy!

bandit_bobby

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 11:19:03 PM »
I believe that the Big Money wedge would only come into play for the final maingame round (s). Is that true?