Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: United States game shows  (Read 5270 times)

barker5000

United States game shows
« on: August 11, 2007, 10:25:25 AM »
What United States city has aired / airs every single game show? And if that can't be answered,
what United States city has aired / airs more game shows than any other United States city?

Thanks,
barker5000

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
United States game shows
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 10:55:49 AM »
NYC is the logical answer.
@lambertman

catkins522

United States game shows
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 11:26:57 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'160238\' date=\'Aug 11 2007, 10:55 AM\']
NYC is the logical answer.
[/quote]

or Los Angeles, CA

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

jmangin

United States game shows
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 11:28:28 AM »
I thought he was typing a haiku.

game shows are so fun / no one can replace barker / drew carey is bad

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
United States game shows
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 11:28:48 AM »
NYC hasn't aired every show.

"Majority Rules", hosted by Marc Summers, only aired on a couple of stations down south, and only for a few weeks at that.

There's probably others, too.

But Brandon is right. This is a silly question.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Chelsea Thrasher

United States game shows
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 11:56:48 AM »
There isn't a single market anywhere - not New York City, not Atlanta, not Des Moines, not Bowling Green KY - that has aired every episode of every broadcast or syndicated game show ever.  

That said, in terms of most games aired, I'd wonder if it's not Los Angeles.  There have been quite a few local games in LA over the decades, plus Big Spin, plus pretty much all the national syndicated offerings.  Nevermind that since the affiliates are O&Os, you'd think they're going to run what the network tells them [even if they don't always run it exactly then the network tells them].  Just a guess.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 11:58:16 AM by Seth Thrasher »

barker5000

United States game shows
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 11:11:30 PM »
Well like you people just said, there's no United States city that has aired every single game show.
But what United States city has aired / airs more game shows than any other United States city?

Thanks,
barker5000

Card Shark

United States game shows
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 11:35:01 PM »
[quote name=\'barker5000\' post=\'160289\' date=\'Aug 11 2007, 11:11 PM\']
Well like you people just said, there's no United States city that has aired every single game show.
But what United States city has aired / airs more game shows than any other United States city?

Thanks,
barker5000
[/quote]

Let's watch the "you people" phrase.
Adam Strom

Jimmy Owen

United States game shows
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 11:43:05 PM »
I'd say LA, as they had lots of local game shows as well as everything in syndication and the networks.

If you're talking about the best place to be to watch game shows, back in the late '70's if you lived in Port Huron, Michigan, you could see everything on the networks, plus everything on the Canadian networks, CBC, CTV and Global.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
United States game shows
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »
[quote name=\'barker5000\' post=\'160289\' date=\'Aug 11 2007, 08:11 PM\']
[/quote]
I'm going to guess you're not going to get a conclusive answer here, because a) it's a ridiculously vague question, and b) it requires far more research than I would imagine most people here are willing to do. So you may have to content yourself with what you have.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

barker5000

United States game shows
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 12:14:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'160292\' date=\'Aug 11 2007, 10:43 PM\']
I'd say LA, as they had lots of local game shows as well as everything in syndication and the networks.

If you're talking about the best place to be to watch game shows, back in the late '70's if you lived in Port Huron, Michigan, you could see everything on the networks, plus everything on the Canadian networks, CBC, CTV and Global.
[/quote]

I don't think LA, because it didn't carry the " Wheel of Fortune " premiere on September 19, 1983, as well as NYC or Chicago.

Kevin Prather

United States game shows
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 12:21:46 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'160294\' date=\'Aug 11 2007, 08:46 PM\']
[quote name=\'barker5000\' post=\'160289\' date=\'Aug 11 2007, 08:11 PM\']
[/quote]
I'm going to guess you're not going to get a conclusive answer here, because a) it's a ridiculously vague question, and b) it requires far more research than I would imagine most people here are willing to do. So you may have to content yourself with what you have.
[/quote]
For a conclusive answer, yes. But for what it's worth, I think this question could lead to some pretty interesting discussion and brainstorming.

For example, do public access game shows count? What are some cities with a boatload of those? I'd imagine those cities would be pretty high up there.

clemon79

United States game shows
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 01:01:25 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'160296\' date=\'Aug 11 2007, 09:21 PM\']
For example, do public access game shows count? What are some cities with a boatload of those? I'd imagine those cities would be pretty high up there.
[/quote]
Does Survivor count? How about Amazing Race? Or Fear Factor? Or Celebrity Blackjack?

This would be that whole "vague" thing I'm talking about.

And I'm honestly not sure how interesting or useful any brainstorming would be, since it wouldn't get you anywhere close to a direct answer, which the FNG isn't going to get, and I'm not sure it's the best idea to give the FNG any sort of impression that he might.

Kevin Prather

United States game shows
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 01:03:42 AM »
Hey, I'm just saying that discussion is discussion. Whether or not we get to, or near, any sort of answer, there's nothing wrong with thinking over something we don't normally think about.

clemon79

United States game shows
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 01:12:36 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'160301\' date=\'Aug 11 2007, 10:03 PM\']
there's nothing wrong with thinking over something we don't normally think about.
[/quote]
I think a) it's a waste of time when it's not going to go anywhere but people spouting off about what shows aired in their market, like that makes one single bit of difference to the overall issue, and b) that doing so is going to get this guy babbling on even more inanely.

Of course, I can simply avoid the thread, I get that, but I think to say "Oh, it's totally worth talking about!!" is an awful simple solution. There are things not worth talking about.

My next thread: an extensive dissertation on the change in the color of Jim Perry's ties from October of 1979 to February of 1980 on Card Sharks. I invite everyone to think that over.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:12:57 AM by clemon79 »