Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WoF press release...  (Read 3531 times)

weaklink75

WoF press release...
« on: August 23, 2007, 06:36:33 PM »
nothing too big.... stuff about the new changing wedge, and info about 3 weeks at Radio City and 3 weeks in Chicago this season...

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
WoF press release...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 07:52:53 PM »
Doesn't Wheel normally go to three cities a year?  Also, if the "25" wedge shows up in Round 2, and the random wedge in R3, does this mean one or more of the previous gimmicks is being retired?
This signature is currently under construction.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
WoF press release...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 08:08:41 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'161793\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 05:36 PM\']
nothing too big.... stuff about the new changing wedge, and info about 3 weeks at Radio City and 3 weeks in Chicago this season...
[/quote]
I was actually informed about WoF going to Chicago when I attended the taping for the 9/10, 11 and 12 eps of J!  Hopefully I'll be able to go.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
WoF press release...
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'161800\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 06:52 PM\'] Doesn't Wheel normally go to three cities a year?  Also, if the "25" wedge shows up in Round 2, and the random wedge in R3, does this mean one or more of the previous gimmicks is being retired? [/quote]

I doubt that the jackpot space is going anywhere.  That 25 is really just another prize.

I have a suspicion that we've seen the last of the mystery round, though.  It's too close in concept to the new round 3 special.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

tvwxman

WoF press release...
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'161802\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 08:15 PM\']
I have a suspicion that we've seen the last of the mystery round, though.  It's too close in concept to the new round 3 special.
[/quote]
That would be too bad, if your speculation is true. I think the Mystery Wedge is the best new thing to be introduced in that game in a long time.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

chad1m

WoF press release...
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 08:53:56 PM »
The ever-expanding list of puzzle categories will have fresh additions this season: "What Are You Doing," which features familiar activities; "What Are You Making," which consists of ingredients found in popular recipes;

Those sound like Celebrity Jeopardy! categories.

Seriously, aren't those categories normally called "Event" and "Food & Drink"?

wheelloon

WoF press release...
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 09:00:09 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'161812\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 08:53 PM\']
The ever-expanding list of puzzle categories will have fresh additions this season: "What Are You Doing," which features familiar activities; "What Are You Making," which consists of ingredients found in popular recipes;
Seriously, aren't those categories normally called "Event" and "Food & Drink"?
[/quote]

Not if you put a slight "Clue"-ish spin on it...

The puzzle: "Rum, tonic, lime, sugar and spearmint"

Pat: Yes! NOW, for $3000 more, tell us "What are you making?"

Answer: A MOJITO!

Mojitos rock... :D
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

clanky06

WoF press release...
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 10:13:53 PM »
At the last GSC I asked Harry Friedman what happens when two "best friends" who are of oppisite sex and not married to each other (DUH—they're best friends!) win a vacation. He said that they each get a vacation for two. I told him I was glad that WOF wasn't involved in anything scandalous!

bandit_bobby

WoF press release...
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 10:33:09 PM »
I guess that claiming a cash amount from the Big Money Space works the same way as the $10,000 cash prize does in Round 1.

Brandon Brooks

WoF press release...
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 08:41:34 AM »
[quote name=\'clanky06\' post=\'161827\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 09:13 PM\']
I told him I was glad that WOF wasn't involved in anything scandalous!
[/quote]
Uh, sure.

Robert Hutchinson

WoF press release...
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 10:15:26 AM »
Remember--you can be married and still be friends with someone of the gender you are attracted to, and you can even go on a national game show with them. But vacations are right out! Friends just don't do "that sort of thing".
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

uncamark

WoF press release...
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 12:49:16 PM »
Do they still do Clue puzzles or the questions or whatever?  Or did those go by the boards in favor of the million colors of light?

weaklink75

WoF press release...
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »
I understand that the multiplication factor won't apply to the big money space, but is it a one-time in the round wedge (and it reverts to a standard dollar amount after), or can it be hit more than once in the round by more than one player (say, one person hits it for $5K, then a few spins later, someone else would hit it for $25K)...

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
WoF press release...
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 05:18:19 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'161884\' date=\'Aug 24 2007, 12:49 PM\']
Do they still do Clue puzzles or the questions or whatever?  Or did those go by the boards in favor of the million colors of light?
[/quote]
There are Clue-type of puzzles on occasion, but with everything else that goes on, it's pretty infrequent.
This signature is currently under construction.