Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! 5-time retired champions  (Read 1512 times)

barker5000

Jeopardy! 5-time retired champions
« on: August 23, 2007, 09:47:54 PM »
Is there a way I can get a list of " Jeopardy! " 5 - time retired champions from 1984 - 2003, along with the
the amount of money they won during their 5 - day appearance on " Jeopardy! "? If so, how?

Thanks,
barker5000

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:58:30 PM »
[quote name=\'barker5000\' post=\'161819\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 09:47 PM\']
Is there a way I can get a list of " Jeopardy! " 5 - time retired champions from 1984 - 2003, along with the
the amount of money they won during their 5 - day appearance on " Jeopardy! "? If so, how?
[/quote]
J-archive.com
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 10:09:22 PM »
[quote name=\'barker5000\' post=\'161819\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 07:47 PM\'] Is there a way I can get a list of " Jeopardy! " 5 - time retired champions from 1984 - 2003, along with the
the amount of money they won during their 5 - day appearance on " Jeopardy! "? If so, how?[/quote]

I assure you - if these lists you keep asking for existed in ANY way shape or form, they'd be posted to a webpage and would show up on even the most simple web search.   J-Archive is a great place to start.  A quick glance doesn't show one there (if there's one there, someone feel free to link me.)

But these lists you keep asking for, for the most part, do not exist because - despite the fandom's incredible penchant for knowing amazing amounts of minutiae, no one's within light years of being able to perform a complete list of ANYTHING - at least when it comes to shows with the mammoth episode counts of a Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, etc.  

So, until the Intellectual Property fairy pays us a visit and graces us with a complete run of the show, and someone with shiatloads more time than a lot of us will ever have is able to go through them - no, you can't have one.  Not yours.

But since I've got a feeling all that'll just be lost on you: Here's a pic of Chuck Woolery with a fish.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:30:57 PM by Seth Thrasher »

dzinkin

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 10:27:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'161826\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 10:09 PM\']
But these lists you keep asking for, for the most part, do not exist because - despite the fandom's incredible penchant for knowing amazing amounts of minutiae, no one's within light years of being able to perform a complete list of ANYTHING - at least when it comes to shows with the mammoth episode counts of a Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, etc.  
[/quote]
It should be noted that even when the official Jeopardy! web site had such a list, it wasn't complete.  (At least per the briefly visible archived version at archive.org -- "briefly" because it quickly redirects to a 404 page.)  If the company that produces the show didn't have a complete list up, odds are that others won't have one either.

Are you asking for these things because you really want to know, or because you really wanted to post something and that's all you could think to ask?  Hint: if it's the latter, you're not going to get very far for the reasons Seth outlined and you might consider asking something that fits the former.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:41:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'161826\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 07:09 PM\']
But since I've got a feeling all that'll just be lost on you: Here's a pic of Chuck Woolery with a fish.
[/quote]
VERY well played.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 01:40:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'161826\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 10:09 PM\']But these lists you keep asking for, for the most part, do not exist because - despite the fandom's incredible penchant for knowing amazing amounts of minutiae, no one's within light years of being able to perform a complete list of ANYTHING - at least when it comes to shows with the mammoth episode counts of a Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, etc.  [/quote]Some guy actually had a "Tournament of Champions" entrants page, and it was good up through 1998 or 1999 or so, but even then there's no way to know if a particular contestant was a 5-time champion or an also-ran.

I'd like to add this: if your question can be answered by a bit of Google-fu, ask Google, and not us.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 06:29:29 AM by dzinkin »
Travis L. Eberle