Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Desk Calendar Time?  (Read 2151 times)

uncamark

Desk Calendar Time?
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:39:41 PM »
It's still summer, but while I was in Borders yesterday I saw that 2008 desk calendars are already out.

Of course, the "J!" calendar's back for another year, but when I perused the shelves, I was surprised to see a "Feud" calendar, with the soon-to-be-old logo on the front of the box and no O'Hurley.  Imagination's making it, so I would hope that they didn't recycle "Bert's Family Feud" questions for it.

In doing a quick scan of Amazon.com, I didn't see the old standbys "Wheel" or "WWTBAM" out this year (although Imagination's put out a "WWTBAM" DVD game with Meredith on the front).  However, Imagination's putting out a "DOND" calendar--to which I ask, why, unless you're putting out a poster calendar with photos of the models for every month.  I was going to bet that there would be a "...5th Grader?" calendar, but there isn't (there is a quiz book coming out in October, though).

And I would be very surprised to see a "Singing Bee," "Lyrics" or "Po10" calendar, let alone "Crosswords" or "Temptation."

And there's also a "Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!" quiz desk calendar out (from the NPR show).  They provide the questions, you come up with your own one-liners.

chad1m

Desk Calendar Time?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 04:02:02 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'162044\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 03:39 PM\']In doing a quick scan of Amazon.com, I didn't see the old standbys "Wheel" or "WWTBAM" out this year.
[/quote]

As strange and unfortunate as it is, the Wheel calendar hasn't been made in a couple of years. In addition, as far as I can remember, I don't think there's ever been a Millionaire calendar.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 08:21:45 PM by chad1m »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Desk Calendar Time?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 04:33:09 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'162046\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 03:02 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'162044\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 03:39 PM\']In doing a quick scan of Amazon.com, I didn't see the old standbys "Wheel" or "WWTBAM" out this year.
[/quote]

As strange and unfortunate as it is, the Wheel calendar hasn't been made in a couple of years. In addition, I don't think there's ever been a Millionaire calendar.
[/quote]
While not recent, they did make one in 2002.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

DaneFromKansas

Desk Calendar Time?
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:34:04 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'162046\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 03:02 PM\']
As strange and unfortunate as it is, the Wheel calendar hasn't been made in a couple of years. In addition, I don't think there's ever been a Millionaire calendar.
[/quote]

I distinctly remember seeing a Millionaire desk calendar a few years ago (while Regis was still host).  I believe, somewhere around that time, there was also a Weakest Link desk calendar.

tomobrien

Desk Calendar Time?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:39:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'162053\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 03:33 PM\'] While not recent, they did make one in 2002.
 [/quote]...and in 2003 as well.

HYHYBT

Desk Calendar Time?
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 01:55:06 AM »
And there's also a "Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!" quiz desk calendar out...

Gotta get one of these to open early and see what'll be in the news next year!
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Desk Calendar Time?
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 02:36:32 AM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'162114\' date=\'Aug 27 2007, 10:55 PM\']
Gotta get one of these to open early and see what'll be in the news next year!
[/quote]
"Later on, we'll turn the calendar over to March, but first, panel, some questions about the week's news..."

/Tom Bodett FTW
//can't resist the urge to hum the Motel 6 theme whenever he reads a Bluff The Listener story
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Craig Karlberg

Desk Calendar Time?
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 03:34:44 AM »
I've had a couple game show themed desk calendars several years ago.  The one I used the most was the WoF calendar from 1999 I think.  I also had J! & WWTBAM calendars as well as a Star Wars calendar a couple years ago.

I was hoping to see a 1vs100 calendar come out this fall, but to no avail, so I guess I'll probably have to settle with the J! one(count me out as far as a DoND one is concerned).

Hastin

Desk Calendar Time?
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 03:46:46 AM »
I'm just waiting for my 2008 Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious calendar.

/Which would just be a regular calendar put in a fancy box.
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Desk Calendar Time?
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 04:10:55 AM »
"Just what I wanted! 366 "wow"-worthy moments, personally selected by the man himself!"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe