Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shandi sighting on Fox News  (Read 3394 times)

uncamark

Shandi sighting on Fox News
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 05:02:13 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'162369\' date=\'Aug 30 2007, 03:53 PM\']
[Take 2:

Leave it to a former game show host to break down Ms. South Carolina's answer into something we can all understand.
[/quote]

He's still a game show host until 9 p.m. tomorrow night.

If you want to call what he's on a game show.

Steve McClellan

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 06:12:28 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Aug 30 2007, 01:53 PM\']Leave it to a former game show host to break down Ms. South Carolina's answer into something we can all understand. [/quote]
"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

Care to share what it was?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 06:14:34 PM by Steve McClellan »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 06:26:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' post=\'162380\' date=\'Aug 30 2007, 06:12 PM\']
Care to share what it was?[/quote]
Man, that must have just happened.  YouTube is getting better about policing the copyrights, it appears.

Jimmy Kimmel showed the poor girl's infamous response, and then essentially diagrammed, defined and otherwise explained each piece of it on an old-fashioned green chalkboard.  Pretty funny, and much better than an average-looking girl washing a car.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 09:13:06 PM »
Tangent: I wonder if YouTube is getting better, or if the major media corps. are just searching for "Jimmy Kimmel" (and Letterman and Leno and Colbert and on and on) several times a day, then shooting e-mails off to YTHQ.

I was amused the other day to spot an old Late Night With Conan O'Brien clip that had been up for quite some time--due in no small part, I'm sure, to its description along the lines of "clip from a late night talk show".
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

xavier45

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 09:55:50 PM »
I heard on the news that Youtube will be getting rid of all Copyrighted Material by September. So I guess they are starting now.

dzinkin

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 10:20:17 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'162413\' date=\'Aug 30 2007, 09:55 PM\']
I heard on the news that Youtube will be getting rid of all Copyrighted Material by September. So I guess they are starting now.
[/quote]
Actually, what YouTube announced is that by September it hopes to have a system that will block uploads of copyrighted material.  There's no guarantee that it will be in place by then or that it will work reliably, and it certainly doesn't explain what you're seeing now.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 10:24:04 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'162413\' date=\'Aug 30 2007, 09:55 PM\']
I heard on the news that Youtube will be getting rid of all Copyrighted Material by September. [/quote]
Not exactly.  Lawyer says one thing, official spokesperson sorta says another.  Plus, there will always be copyrighted material on YouTube, it'll just be the authorized kind.  Which for a company in the business of making money is the way things should be.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TimK2003

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 12:45:13 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'162386\' date=\'Aug 30 2007, 06:26 PM\']
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' post=\'162380\' date=\'Aug 30 2007, 06:12 PM\']
Care to share what it was?[/quote]
Man, that must have just happened.  YouTube is getting better about policing the copyrights, it appears.

Jimmy Kimmel showed the poor girl's infamous response, and then essentially diagrammed, defined and otherwise explained each piece of it on an old-fashioned green chalkboard.  Pretty funny, and much better than an average-looking girl washing a car.
[/quote]

If someone else wants to try to provide a working link to the Kimmel bit on Youtube, go right ahead  -- I'm 0 for 2 in that department, despite double-checking the links right after I posted them to make sure they worked.

EDIT:  As of 11PM MT, of the following group of Youtube clips, only the 2nd one was 'in violation'.  Take your pick of the others while you can!

/I'm still trying to figure out how the first one got sidetracked to another website, but I guess if someone can crack the iPhone code in a matter of a few weeks, then Youtube can't be much harder.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 12:58:17 AM by TimK2003 »