Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Maybe Game Shows are doomed...  (Read 5690 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Maybe Game Shows are doomed...
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 10:19:19 AM »
Billy Bush could be a decent game show host, but you can't throw a rookie into one of the most difficult formats to do well. "Deal" requires tons of ad-lib skills and a complete understanding of every possible scenario that could play out, and it was ridiculous to to think Bush could handle that.

Millionaire would be closer to his speed, but I still don't imagine the gift of gab is there yet for him.
@lambertman

uncamark

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 02:50:23 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'164564\' date=\'Sep 22 2007, 09:19 AM\']
Billy Bush could be a decent game show host, but you can't throw a rookie into one of the most difficult formats to do well. "Deal" requires tons of ad-lib skills and a complete understanding of every possible scenario that could play out, and it was ridiculous to to think Bush could handle that.

Millionaire would be closer to his speed, but I still don't imagine the gift of gab is there yet for him.
[/quote]

And in the case of "Grease:  You're the One That I Want," he was just plain insufferable.  Even if the crap he had to read off the prompter didn't give him any favors, Denise Van Outen, who is much more experienced at this sort of thing, had to be wincing whenever she was off-camera.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 03:25:54 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'165013\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 02:50 PM\']
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'164564\' date=\'Sep 22 2007, 09:19 AM\']

[/quote]

And in the case of "Grease:  You're the One That I Want," he was just plain insufferable.  Even if the crap he had to read off the prompter didn't give him any favors, Denise Van Outen, who is much more experienced at this sort of thing, had to be wincing whenever she was off-camera.
[/quote]
Perhaps it runs in the family . . .