Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's "1 vs. 100"...  (Read 3037 times)

uncamark

It's "1 vs. 100"...
« on: September 13, 2007, 04:54:53 PM »
For those wondering if NBC was treating their quiz like a poor stepchild over that karaoke game that most of us like except the Perfesser, looks like they start taping again next week:

http://www.ocatv.com/shows/show/124

They've moved from Culver City to Manhattan Beach.  Also, they're doing three tapings each day--what?  These prime time shows are actually taping more than one show in a day?  How can they spend six hours per show this way?  :)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
It's "1 vs. 100"...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:16:23 PM »
Now, now, it could just mean that the taping day is so long that they need three audiences just to keep the one episode feeling fresh...

--
Scott Robinson

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
It's "1 vs. 100"...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:44:09 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'163695\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 01:54 PM\']For those wondering if NBC was treating their quiz like a poor stepchild over that karaoke game that most of us like except the Perfesser, looks like they start taping again next week:[/quote]Did I miss something? (Besides reading something by Steve, of course). What's not to like on The Singing Bee?

Lemme guess, rather than the Opening Non-Qualifying Song, he's uppity about how because contestants are referred to by first name only, it somehow deprives them of their full identity.

But, man. What's there to hate on other than that?
Travis L. Eberle

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
It's "1 vs. 100"...
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 12:44:55 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'163766\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 11:44 PM\']But, man. What's there to hate on other than that?[/quote]
Only $50,000?  Tom Kennedy's not hosting?  I dunno, I got nothing.

One understandable complaint I've seen is the show's playlist, but I'd think that's more personal preference.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:46:34 AM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
It's "1 vs. 100"...
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 01:01:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'163771\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 09:44 PM\']
One understandable complaint I've seen is the show's playlist, but I'd think that's more personal preference.
[/quote]
The playlist is the BEST THING about Singing Bee. If people want more '90s and '00s garbage, then:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/673/hairaftersk5.jpg
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:01:28 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TravisP

It's "1 vs. 100"...
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 03:54:56 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'163695\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 03:54 PM\']
Also, they're doing three tapings each day--what?  These prime time shows are actually taping more than one show in a day?  How can they spend six hours per show this way?  :)
[/quote]

The UK version is done in the same way here since the beginning. Endemol decided to record an entire series inside three days with three shows in one day. It's worth noting some of the crew are from the Deal or No Deal production team, so they're used to record three shows a day.

We were suppose to have the thrid series in transmission now but Dermot o'Leary is trying to be the new Ryan Seacrest on The X-Factor. Therefore we will have the third series in early 2008 with a promise from BBC & Endemol the next series will be an extended run.

Refering back to the original quote. It's not just 1 Vs 100 who are recording more than one recording for a primetime show these days. Millionaire have been recording two shows a day across two days (four total) for a year now. PokerFace recorded two shows in one day for the second series (except the final which was recorded 48 hours prior to transmission). In It to Win It's next series were also done with two shows a day.

While the next lottery show to hit the BBC, Who Dares Wins (The Rich List) is set to record seven shows across three days with two days recording three shows a day.

uncamark

It's "1 vs. 100"...
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 12:18:56 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'163774\' date=\'Sep 14 2007, 12:01 AM\']
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'163771\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 09:44 PM\']
[/quote]
The playlist is the BEST THING about Singing Bee. If people want more '90s and '00s garbage, then:

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6084/hairafterwr2.jpg
[/quote]

It ain't the recent songs that the Perfesser's complaining about--I think he'd like to see more of a Music-of-Your-Life playlist, but it ain't gonna happen.  I look forward to smoke coming out of his head when Joey says, "The Divynls, 1991--'I Touch Myself.'"

He also seems to think that contestants back into winning more than actually winning by singing the lyrics correctly.  Perhaps valid, but the atmosphere of the show is such is that it's not a factor to me.

/If only that blonde in the band who was on "Rock Star" had a voice like Chrissie Amphlett's...