Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker  (Read 14227 times)

eday_2010

Bob Barker
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 06:48:04 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'164180\' date=\'Sep 18 2007, 01:12 PM\']
Then, Mister 3 Posts Under His Belt, explain why Rich Fields' ugly mug taints my television screen at 11:57am ET every weekday?[/quote]

Unless you really pay attention to the show and read up on it and watch all the stuff on CBS's website, which I am sure a lot of the casual TPIR fans and older fans don't, you don't know that that is Rich Fields that shows up at the very end. They never address him as such except off camera.

Personally, I loved seeing Rod on camera at his podium and in the showcases. IT was very different than other game shows where you never saw the announcer. If the policy was fabricated, then why isn't Rich on camera now except for 5 annonymous seconds at the end now that Bob is gone?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bob Barker
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 07:48:02 PM »
[quote name=\'eday_2010\' post=\'169437\' date=\'Nov 13 2007, 03:48 PM\']
Unless you really pay attention to the show and read up on it and watch all the stuff on CBS's website, which I am sure a lot of the casual TPIR fans and older fans don't, you don't know that that is Rich Fields that shows up at the very end. They never address him as such except off camera.[/quote]
And that's not the point. The question was: if it was MANDATED that Roddy not be allowed on camera anymore (and the reason for that mandate, I have no idea and is utterly irrelevant to our discussion), then why does Fields show up, even to wave during the bye-bye?"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

Bob Barker
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 07:51:02 PM »
[quote name=\'eday_2010\' post=\'169437\' date=\'Nov 13 2007, 06:48 PM\']
If the policy was fabricated, then why isn't Rich on camera now except for 5 annonymous seconds at the end now that Bob is gone?[/quote]
Apples and oranges.  They took the prominent screen time away from Rod.  Except for those few anonymous seconds, Rich never had that time, and I can't think of any great burning necessity to change that.

In the great, grand "Now That Barker's Gone..." to-do list, giving the off-screen announcer more on-screen time may not have been a huge priority.

You do make a somewhat interesting point about those anonymous seconds, though.  There are probably plenty of casual or elderly viewers who don't have a clue who that well-dressed young man is who shows up to wave at the end.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.