Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting Crosswords Observation....  (Read 2459 times)

tpirfan28

Interesting Crosswords Observation....
« on: September 17, 2007, 03:47:15 PM »
(To prelude this...I have a non-digital TV, and no cable/satellite box).

As I was watching "Crosswords" today, I accidentally pressed the "display" button on my TV remote.  In the space where I sometimes get what the program is (there's a technical term for it...can't think of it right off hand)...but it says this program is "Let's Play Crosswords".  Interesting since that hasn't been the title of the show since it's working days.

Now for a question...how does it come up on people's TiVO's and cable boxes?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 03:55:49 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'164073\' date=\'Sep 17 2007, 12:47 PM\']
Now for a question...how does it come up on people's TiVO's and cable boxes?
[/quote]
TiVo lists it as "Merv Griffin's Crosswords."

On a minorly related note: I notice that Ty uses the phrase "Let's do crosswords!" to kick off the actual game. Has someone told HIM that the name changed again? That's about the only place where "Let's play 'Crosswords'!" makes sense.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 04:04:02 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLW

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 03:58:49 PM »
iO Digital Cable from Cablevision lists it as "Merv Griffin's Crosswords" here as well.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 05:59:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'164076\' date=\'Sep 17 2007, 03:55 PM\']On a minorly related note: I notice that Ty uses the phrase "Let's do crosswords!" to kick off the actual game.  [/quote]

I'm not completely sure when these early shows were produced, but it's entirely possible they were filmed during the period of time when that WAS the show's name, then they just switched out graphics in Post.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 06:34:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'164092\' date=\'Sep 17 2007, 02:59 PM\']
I'm not completely sure when these early shows were produced, but it's entirely possible they were filmed during the period of time when that WAS the show's name, then they just switched out graphics in Post.
[/quote]
Considering that he calls it "Merv Griffin's Crosswords" in other references, I doubt that is the case.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jalman

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 06:39:02 PM »
I watch the show on digital over-the-air and get "Merv Griffin's Crosswords" as the program title also.  The error must be from whoever provided the title to the station.

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 12:50:50 PM »
Think that if they make it to a second season, it'll just become "Crosswords?"  (With a "created by Merv Griffin" credit in the opening titles, of course.)

Neumms

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 12:55:12 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'164163\' date=\'Sep 18 2007, 11:50 AM\']
Think that if they make it to a second season, it'll just become "Crosswords?"  (With a "created by Merv Griffin" credit in the opening titles, of course.)
[/quote]

Think we're actually gonna find out?

Seriously, it seems like Ty could call it simply "Crosswords" more often, as a less formal title.