Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another TPIR First, (Right, Roger?)  (Read 1771 times)

TimK2003

Another TPIR First, (Right, Roger?)
« on: September 27, 2007, 07:37:28 PM »
I got word through my CBS sources that Drew will be doing personalized station plugs for "The Price Is Right" in the weeks leading up to his premiere for the local CBS affiliates.  

These will be general tags along the lines of: "Watch The Price Is Right, with me, Drew Carey, Weekday mornings at 11 on WWWW-TV, CBS4".

It will be a nice genuine "welcome" to the updated version of Price, and IMHO shows that he is truly interested in making this show the best it's ever been.

This will also be a chance for us post our local Price spots online, once they hit the air, to see if they are all the same or if there is any creativity between stations.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:52:35 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'164957\' date=\'Sep 27 2007, 04:37 PM\']
It will be a nice genuine "welcome" to the updated version of Price, and IMHO shows that he is truly interested in making this show the best it's ever been.[/quote]
Do you really think that doing 100 custom IDs is Drew's idea? Or that "Watch TPiR on KAAA. Watch TPiR on KBBB" is the least bit genuine?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mcsittel

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 08:23:29 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'164959\' date=\'Sep 27 2007, 06:52 PM\']
Do you really think that doing 100 custom IDs is Drew's idea? Or that "Watch TPiR on KAAA. Watch TPiR on KBBB" is the least bit genuine?
[/quote]

Given the ever-dwindling number of stations who brand on-air with calls, in favor of "CBS 12" (or whatever channel) he could easily give the appearance of "locality" in about 45 seconds if he said "Watch Price is Right next on CBS ___" then have him count from 2 to 69, and say DT and Cable too.  Each affiliate then gets a customized cut 'n' paste version that sounds almost real!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 08:29:42 PM »
I hope us folks in Cleveland get something more than "Watch TPiR at 11 AM on WOIO, CBS 19." since he's one of the biggest celebrities to hail from Cleveland and Drew remembers his roots.  If we get something unique, I'll post it somewhere.

NickS

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 08:42:22 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'164959\' date=\'Sep 27 2007, 06:52 PM\']
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'164957\' date=\'Sep 27 2007, 04:37 PM\']
It will be a nice genuine "welcome" to the updated version of Price, and IMHO shows that he is truly interested in making this show the best it's ever been.[/quote]
[/quote]

I'll give him/CBS credit that they're doing custom tags, period.  Syndicated shows normally do them, but it's rare from what I've seen networks doing them.  I think NBC has done them for Olympics and NASCAR, but that's about it.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 08:54:13 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'164969\' date=\'Sep 27 2007, 05:42 PM\']
I'll give him/CBS credit that they're doing custom tags, period.
[/quote]
I'm not disagreeing, but please don't delude yourself into thinking that it's any kind of a "genuine" gesture on his part, or that it is the least bit indicative of Drew's dedication to the show.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe