Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: fixing crosswords  (Read 3102 times)

toetyper

fixing crosswords
« on: October 01, 2007, 08:11:05 PM »
instead  of having spoilers in rds 2 and 3 have them in  rds 1 and 2.  Make rd  3 a duel to see wholl play for the  bonus

no GETAWAYS

no random eztras.  If a player solves 3 clues in a row he gets the PRIVILEGE  to bet their money; make them earn it

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
fixing crosswords
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 09:26:51 PM »
[quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'165259\' date=\'Oct 1 2007, 08:11 PM\']
instead  of having spoilers in rds 2 and 3 have them in  rds 1 and 2.  Make rd  3 a duel to see wholl play for the  bonus[/quote]

So what do you do with the spoilers then?

no GETAWAYS

What's wrong with them? They may suck, but does having them in the game take away from the game? No.

no random eztras.  If a player solves 3 clues in a row he gets the PRIVILEGE  to bet their money; make them earn it

That makes no sense. Isn't the whole point of a CW Extra EARNING MONEY? Or, actually, losing it because you can't think that fast?

Type with your fingers, maybe we can understand.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 09:27:23 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
fixing crosswords
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 10:17:53 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'165269\' date=\'Oct 1 2007, 07:13 PM\']
Well, how were we supposed to know "toetyper" wasn't just a random name you picked up?
[/quote]
You're kidding, right?

Toetyper: Please know that these two are not representative of the board's membership at large.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:18:56 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jackpotman800

fixing crosswords
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 10:20:25 PM »
[quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'165259\' date=\'Oct 1 2007, 08:11 PM\']
instead  of having spoilers in rds 2 and 3 have them in  rds 1 and 2.  Make rd  3 a duel to see wholl play for the  bonus

no GETAWAYS

[/quote]

In a word, lame-o.

Here's my idea:

Have the Crossword Getaway become the Crossword Prize (like a TV, radio, or furniture) (only because I do not want them to giveway just trips as prizes all the time).

Up the grand prize money to $10,000 in addition to the trip & keep the $100/correct answer rule.

dzinkin

fixing crosswords
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 10:37:57 PM »
Toetyper: please check your email.  On behalf of Messrs. Odor and PYLdude, I apologize.  We're not all like that.  All most of us ask is a good faith effort, and if you do that, you can ignore the constant complainers.

PYLdude: in light of your constant "I don't agree with your decision so that means Member X can do whatever he wants" rants, not to mention your recent tirade against one of the most basic principles of economics, you are absolutely the last person to be talking about attitude.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:41:45 PM by dzinkin »

dzinkin

fixing crosswords
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 10:42:44 PM »
[quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'165282\' date=\'Oct 1 2007, 10:41 PM\']
um, i obiviously stepped  on a landmine.  Am i welcome here
[/quote]
As I said, read your email, but the short answer is "yes, you are."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
fixing crosswords
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 10:43:41 PM »
[quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'165282\' date=\'Oct 1 2007, 07:41 PM\']
[/quote]
Not quite a landmine, I don't think. :)

Yes, absolutely you are welcome here.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

fixing crosswords
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 10:44:11 PM »
[quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'165282\' date=\'Oct 1 2007, 10:41 PM\']
[/quote]
You didn't, and I hope that some of the comments don't deter you from the forum. Like Dave mentioned, we don't ask a lot, just appear to have a clue.

Which you do. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

dzinkin

fixing crosswords
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 10:55:58 PM »
For the record, outside of an honest effort the only thing I've asked of toetyper is that he be careful with abbreviations.  I know he does it due to a real restriction and not out of laziness (anyone who remembers "booboo" and his short posting history will understand what I'm saying), but still it might be too easy to leave us guessing what he means.

I've told him that whenever there's a possibility of confusion, it would be better to have him spell out the words in full; if he makes a typo or two, so be it.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
fixing crosswords
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 11:33:56 PM »
Okay, it seems like I probably should have read a little closer into the real nature of toetyper's condition. Although I wish he would have made it clearer (would've saved me a LOT of trouble...), I will admit I screwed up and apologize for slamming him. I still don't agree with your idea, but to slam you without knowing was wrong. I can only imagine how difficult it is for him to type without arms and hope that never happens to me.

(I'm not apologizing for the Lemon comments, because he STILL doesn't get it.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 11:35:30 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

dzinkin

fixing crosswords
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 11:36:58 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'165293\' date=\'Oct 1 2007, 11:33 PM\']
(I'm not apologizing for the Lemon comments, because he STILL doesn't get it.)
[/quote]
Your own attitude could stand some adjusting before you lecture others on how they should change theirs.

And with that, I think this has gone far enough.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 11:37:20 PM by dzinkin »