Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game DVD set for $4.99+ S/H  (Read 6042 times)

catnap1972

Match Game DVD set for $4.99+ S/H
« on: October 06, 2007, 08:28:49 PM »
Hope I don't get slapped with the wet noodle for breaking the "no commercial posts" rule, but I saw a post on Slickdeals where Family Video has a one-day only sale on the Match Game DVD set.  Shows up on site for $9.99, but you can use code "NEWPGMEM", "NEWGWMEM" or "NEWMEM5F" to knock $5.00 off, bringing it down to $4.99.  Shipping appears to be .99 via USPS Media Mail.

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/pod_his...php?source=gate

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 09:58:17 PM »
NICE.

I don't see where there would be smackdown...there is a world of difference between "I'm selling..." and "Hey, here's where you can get this for way way cheap..." I appreciate the heads-up!

Anyhow, I can verify that it all works just as catnap1972 posted...so if the MG set wasn't worth $25 or $30 or whatever it was to you, but it's worth $5.97 shipped to your door, jump on this!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tomobrien

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 10:28:27 PM »
I echo Mr. Lemon's sentiment.  Thanks for posting this!

vtown7

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 10:35:10 PM »
Likewise - and with the Canadian dollar at par, I got two :)

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 10:36:32 PM »
I just went there, set myself up as a new customer and placed my order.  Thanks so much for your post, catnap!  Now I can see the 1962 pilot, plus, hopefully, some pre-1975 appearances on the CBS show by JoAnne Worley.  Even if she's not there, it's still the Best Of, so it should be worth it for six bucks.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 10:41:17 PM »
I'm thinking it's worth six bones as a game-show geek collectible even if I never took it out of the shrinkwrap. :)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 10:52:49 PM »
Amazing super nice.  I've looked at the set every time I've visited my local Best Buy, but never pulled the trigger.  But six bucks and it shows up in your mailbox?  Holy cow.  Thanks, catnap!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 10:55:21 PM »
I echo the sentiments already stated. As Matt said, this was something that looked neat, but I ultimately went "I can see this on GSN every day, and all I'm missing out on is fee plugs." But for $5? Daaaaaamn.

On a semi-related note, not to be one of those Barkerphiles or what have you, but I see myself paying full price for the TPIR set if the episode choice is varied enough. Same goes for the "Feud" set talked about that isn't just all-star shows. The pilot in DVD quality? Oh hells yeah.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 11:23:46 PM »
Hey, as long as we're on the topic, can someone who had problems with this set post exactly what those problems were, so those of us who ordered these can check when ours show up to see if we need to pester DCI for a replacement set? Thanks!

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 11:25:50 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'165774\' date=\'Oct 6 2007, 07:55 PM\']
but I see myself paying full price for the TPIR set if the episode choice is varied enough. Same goes for the "Feud" set talked about that isn't just all-star shows. The pilot in DVD quality? Oh hells yeah.
[/quote]
I dunno, now that I know that these guys exist, I think I'm willing to wait to see if I can get Six-Buck Specials on those, too. :)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 11:33:32 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'165780\' date=\'Oct 6 2007, 10:23 PM\']
Hey, as long as we're on the topic, can someone who had problems with this set post exactly what those problems were, so those of us who ordered these can check when ours show up to see if we need to pester DCI for a replacement set? Thanks!
[/quote]

Disc 4 was defective.

Photo Gallery wouldn't load, Best MG Moments wouldn't load, 1962 pilot skipped all throughout and was very glitchy, most episodes started to skip partway-through, tribute to Gene skipped throughout.

I've heard a few times that one or two episodes on Disc 3 were glitchy too, but that wasn't the case with mine.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

WhammyPower

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 11:37:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'165780\' date=\'Oct 6 2007, 10:23 PM\'] Hey, as long as we're on the topic, can someone who had problems with this set post exactly what those problems were, so those of us who ordered these can check when ours show up to see if we need to pester DCI for a replacement set? Thanks! [/quote]
I can think of two off the top of my head:

- The badly pressed disc 4
- The one episode that has the audio sync issue (not sure which one, offhand)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 11:41:51 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'165785\' date=\'Oct 6 2007, 11:37 PM\']- The one episode that has the audio sync issue (not sure which one, offhand)[/quote]
On disc 1, the 10/2/1976 episode with Avery Schreiber, Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly, Nancy Kulp, Richard Dawson, and Joyce Bulifant.

bwood

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 12:06:30 AM »
I just picked one of these up as well. Thanks for the link!
I've always kind of wanted it, but like others have said, I can see this stuff everyday. However, $6 is def worth it. Thank you again!

clemon79

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 12:10:19 AM »
Good, thanks, guys. I'll check mine when they show up and see if they're good. I appreciate it.