Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game DVD set for $4.99+ S/H  (Read 6041 times)

davewalls

Match Game DVD set for $4.99+ S/H
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 12:36:54 AM »
I ordered it, as well..thanks for the heads up!
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

Sodboy13

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 01:38:15 AM »
Aaaand I've missed it.  Son of a biscuit.

Still a good deal at $22.73, but nothing fabulous.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 10:17:02 AM »
I signed up for this company's "Steal of the Day" information, plus I looked at the choices for the past month or so.  It seems that typically, the discount isn't nearly as steep as it was for the Match Game set.  Usually, it's just a few dollars off on a single disc, but even when they do multi-disc sets, the discount is usually no more than 30% or so, not the amazing 70% cut for MG.  Looks like this was an exceptional deal all around.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

bwood

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 08:39:11 PM »
Email I got today:

Date Ordered: Saturday 06 October, 2007

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order. We are sorry to inform you but due to the surprisingly overwhelming demand this title

1 x Best of Match Game 4-Disc Set DVD

Is currently backordered. We have contacted the distributor already on your behalf and will notify you when your product(s) are in stock, usually within 2-4 weeks. We will monitor your order closely and provide you with updates as they become available to us.

If you have any questions please reply to this email message.

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment.

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: In Fulfillment

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Surprisingly overwhelming demand. Game show fans unite! I think it's funny, even if I don't get my DVD's for a while.

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 09:27:58 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'166421\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 07:39 PM\']
Email I got today:

Date Ordered: Saturday 06 October, 2007

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order. We are sorry to inform you but due to the surprisingly overwhelming demand this title

1 x Best of Match Game 4-Disc Set DVD

Is currently backordered. We have contacted the distributor already on your behalf and will notify you when your product(s) are in stock, usually within 2-4 weeks. We will monitor your order closely and provide you with updates as they become available to us.

If you have any questions please reply to this email message.

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment.

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: In Fulfillment

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Surprisingly overwhelming demand. Game show fans unite! I think it's funny, even if I don't get my DVD's for a while.
[/quote]
I'm not trying to make bwood or anyone else here feel bad, but mine did come today.  I'll let you know about the quality of Disc 4 and the pilot when I get time to watch them.  It also includes a coupon for a free ticket to The Price Is Right Live!...which expired last February.  Maybe I'll give that to Dumb Dora and see if she packs her bags.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 10:40:55 PM »
Yeah, let us know. I got the backordered message too. Didn't break my heart, since I wasn't planning to buy it until this deal came up anyhow, so when it gets here, it gets here. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bwood

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 01:00:25 AM »
Oh no, I don't feel bad. It's fine with me. Same as clemon, I only ordered it because of the deal.

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 10:29:20 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'166438\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 09:40 PM\']
Yeah, let us know. I got the backordered message too. Didn't break my heart, since I wasn't planning to buy it until this deal came up anyhow, so when it gets here, it gets here. :)
[/quote]
I just watched the 1962 pilot and the special features on Disc 4 (no actual shows yet).  They all played perfectly.  As I found with other discs I got (not MG-related) there are those occasional DVD players that might not handle certain discs as well, generally cheaper ones (my Hitachi big screen HD actually has one built in), but My Pannie HDD/DVD recorder/player handles everything nicely.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

clemon79

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'166605\' date=\'Oct 13 2007, 07:29 AM\']
but My Pannie HDD/DVD recorder/player handles everything nicely.
[/quote]
Thank you, sir, for the update. Panasonic makes good stuff these days...their HDTV's come highly recommended, too.

(Anyone try them in an Xbox 360? That will be my playback platform, for now...)

jmenjes

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 07:05:45 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'166629\' date=\'Oct 13 2007, 03:36 PM\']
(Anyone try them in an Xbox 360? That will be my playback platform, for now...)
[/quote]

I just popped my MG set into my 360.  All 4 discs played fine with no problems, so you should be good to go.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.  Adults are only kids grown up anyway." -- Walt Disney

clemon79

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 01:13:24 PM »
Just a bump...my copy of this arrived yesterday, and Disc 4 seems to be okay, based on the reports I've seen here of what can be wrong with it. So I'm awfully happy!

(If you haven't gotten yours yet, you might want to give them a nudge...I think my order fell through the cracks because of the backorder, and I had to pester them to get confirmation that it shipped.)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 01:32:57 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'168341\' date=\'Oct 31 2007, 01:13 PM\'](If you haven't gotten yours yet, you might want to give them a nudge...I think my order fell through the cracks because of the backorder, and I had to pester them to get confirmation that it shipped.)[/quote]
I have a feeling they may be regretting that particular sale.  I signed up for their daily "steal" expecting at least occasionally similar bargains, and routinely, its $10 discs that they're selling for the low-low-low price of $6.  They probably lost money selling a $35 MSRP set for $5, especially if they had to reorder, because I'm sure the manufacturer wasn't offering that much of a discount.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 03:43:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'168343\' date=\'Oct 31 2007, 10:32 AM\']
They probably lost money selling a $35 MSRP set for $5, especially if they had to reorder, because I'm sure the manufacturer wasn't offering that much of a discount.
[/quote]
I'm guessing they did, too, which is exactly why I nudged them, because I'm sure they would have been completely content with me canceling the order.

Actually, the first time I nudged them, I said "hey, you told me this was backordered, I haven't heard boo, can you tell me what's going on?" They sent me back the exact same form letter they sent me the first time. I then replied explaining that I'd already received that, wanted more specific information, and did they even read my first missive, and the next day I got the "this has shipped" notice. I suspect it might have remained in Backorder Limbo for quite a while had I not pushed.

tvmitch

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 03:53:40 PM »
Looking at this thread, I'm surprised that the company didn't cancel the order. It's completely within their right to do that, AFAIK.

Amazon, Staples, all the larger web stores cancel orders and send "too bad" emails all the time. Amazon sends out $5 gift certificates with their apology email sometimes. One time I had ordered a Christmas gift that they weren't able to deliver because of a back order situation, and I raised a fuss and they sent $20 my way.
You should follow me on Twitter

clemon79

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 04:00:11 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'168359\' date=\'Oct 31 2007, 12:53 PM\']
Looking at this thread, I'm surprised that the company didn't cancel the order.[/quote]
I'm surprised at that too. Surprised and delighted, mind you, but still surprised.
Amazon, Staples, all the larger web stores cancel orders and send "too bad" emails all the time.
They can also afford to discount the (comparatively minimal) bad PR that that gets them. Based on the website, I'm gonna guess Family Video isn't at that point yet.