Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 80s SOTC questions  (Read 3148 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
80s SOTC questions
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 12:37:07 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'165995\' date=\'Oct 8 2007, 08:39 PM\']
And, for that matter, why, if you're putting all belief that Wikipedia isn't Full Of Crap, then why didn't you just consult with it instead of posting an hour earlier?[/quote]

I have an odd feeling that this was a trivia-type thread when I saw it...

Don't know if it was his intention or not...not gonna go there after what happened last time.

I will agree with tpirfan's point...the one thing I could never understand is why you wouldn't leave with the cash every time on the NBC shopping era. They never seemed to offer any incentive to stick around (crappy prizes or whatever).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

narzo

80s SOTC questions
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 03:36:17 AM »
Just to add to the confusion:

IN the pre cash jackpot days i don't know if they ever really clarified if the cash (that took the total to $95,000) was a separate thing if you went for it all, or if you got the cash/gold keyring with just the car.

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
80s SOTC questions
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 10:34:40 AM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'166031\' date=\'Oct 9 2007, 03:36 AM\']
Just to add to the confusion:

IN the pre cash jackpot days i don't know if they ever really clarified if the cash (that took the total to $95,000) was a separate thing if you went for it all, or if you got the cash/gold keyring with just the car.
[/quote]

In the pre-jackpot days, it went car ($420) then the lot ($510? I think it was) which was all of the prizes plus whatever cash it took to bump the total up to $95,000.
*Indecipherable screaming*