Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndie "Deal" to go on a model diet  (Read 3335 times)

rugrats1

Syndie "Deal" to go on a model diet
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 03:21:22 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'165933\' date=\'Oct 8 2007, 03:12 PM\']
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'165894\' date=\'Oct 8 2007, 07:41 AM\']
/Right on the nose! You've won 3 nights in beautiful...downtown...Encino! Tell 'em about it, Johnny!
[/quote]
I don't know what to say to this.
[/quote]
Other than that Burbank's priced out of their league?

uncamark

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »
Need I point out that the Variety writer cheated Howie out of four models.

The Hollywood Reporter article:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...1065e6093c47523

Just says that the future contestants will stand with the models and doesn't say how many.  Now there may be 22 cases in the syndicated version, but Mr. Dempsey didn't indicate that.

Other suggestions on speeding up:

If you're going to have to open with the models' walk (and if you're having civilians in the group, that may be dangerous), do it within ten seconds of start--run the animation, when the circle goes through, have Howie say "Ladies, please," and do the walk.  When that ends, have him do the "hi, ladies--hi, Howie" bit and then start the show.

Have the contestant already up there on stage--the Million Dollar Mission thing has revealed that the contestants are not in the audience during the show, since if they were, they would know all about the whole Million Dollar Mission and not be so surprised when Howie tells them (yeah, I know some of you think that's staged, anyway, but still...)

Howie intros the peanut gallery wherever you want to have it without chatting with them.  (You'd say get rid of them completely, but it's not going to happen.)

At this point, he does not need to explain the Banker's function--just go right to the phone ringing and "here's the Banker."  He does need to say frequently that the case packing is random, but not every day--and he doesn't need to make $250,000 a big deal every day.

And since they won't be straddling, they won't need to use my suggestion of having Howie do the recap instead of going to Joe Cipriano and the tape package (which I assume no one sees in the studio anyway).

And most importantly--cut down the pause between "open the case" and the case opening.  Those pauses get so ridiculous...

Ian Wallis

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 05:08:40 PM »
It's come to this: We consider one million dollars "cheap".

We've become a bit desensitized to it, haven't we?  

For the record, I still think it should be the top prize offered on television.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

itiparanoid13

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 05:28:13 PM »
Just got word from NBC that there will be 22 cases.

weaklink75

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 07:14:05 PM »
If it is 22 case, it's looking like it will be the UK version of openings probably (5-3-3-3-3-3)...I also heard 3 models, and I'm trying to figure how they'll work into the show (a Banker's Model probably is one, but what about the other two?)

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 07:35:39 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'165879\' date=\'Oct 7 2007, 09:55 PM\']
It's come to this: We consider one million dollars "cheap".
The easy fix for the show is to divide the money by 10.  A vast majority of the winners during the summer season were $1K and $10K winners.  Transfer that to the easy fix for a daytime version and you have a majority of $100 and $1K winners.  Sorry, maybe I've been jaded by the new bigger money shows, but a majority of $100 and $1K winners is cheap and horribly boring.
[/quote]
I dunno...I think more contestants would walk at $10k instead of going for $100k...and I don't think it's that bad to see a rash of 'non-big-winning' contestants if there exists a possibility of a contestant winning a large sum like 100k or even a million if they get lucky.