Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob's last TPIR  (Read 2880 times)

Eric Paddon

Bob's last TPIR
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 09:12:49 PM »
In my own case, my hope for more pre-86 episodes stems from a desire to make partial amends for my shortsightedness in not taping the classic TPIR episodes frequently off GSN when I had the chance.    At the time I was making a petty statement of protest of my own over Bob's refusal to let the James episodes air because of the fur coat issues, and that was done at a time when I would not have thought they would disappear from GSN forever.     I only taped something like five episodes of TPIR myself off GSN (two half hour shows, the Yolanda episode which aired on a "Weekend Showcase", Vanna's contestant episode, and quite by accident one time, an episode that was part of the WIN-TV presentation) and compared to what I did with other shows, that was a drop in the bucket, for which I have only myself to blame.

OTOH, I was not shortsighted with the Cullen TPIR episodes and did get a large chunk of them but I was never quite clear on how many episodes overall were part of the GSN cycle that aired.     I know there were only six ABC primetime episodes that aired and at least something on the order of 45-50 NBC shows (and one NBC daytime show from 1957 which was the first episode in the GSN cycle).

eday_2010

Bob's last TPIR
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 10:54:36 PM »
On the fur coat issue, if CBS REALLY wanted to put them on the DVD set, which I never heard about until this thread, they technically could since Bob is no longer an executive producer or has anything to do with the show.

Obviously, they won't do that out of respect for Bob, but if they wanted to be cruel they could. Or they could release them down the road when Bob has moved on to the Bob Barker Studio in the sky.