Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Carey Intro to TPIR now online.....  (Read 5930 times)

stutzunoon

Drew Carey Intro to TPIR now online.....
« on: October 11, 2007, 09:15:55 PM »
Hey All,

Just wanted to let all of you know that a news feature is now online that begins with Drew Carey's new TPIR intro.  You can clearly hear the new theme in the clip as well.

You can find it here..

http://www.tampabays10.com/video/news/?aid...1&sid=65185

It seems to me that the new theme is rather campy and kind of pokes fun at the kitschy-ness of TPIR...  but that's just my opinion...

Stutz

tvwxman

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:25:19 PM »
And now, here is the star of the Price is Right....

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Careeeeeee!

Jeez Rich Fields is annoying.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Card Shark

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:33:18 PM »
[quote name=\'stutzunoon\' post=\'166425\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 09:15 PM\']
Hey All,

Just wanted to let all of you know that a news feature is now online that begins with Drew Carey's new TPIR intro.  You can clearly hear the new theme in the clip as well.

You can find it here..

http://www.tampabays10.com/video/news/?aid...1&sid=65185

It seems to me that the new theme is rather campy and kind of pokes fun at the kitschy-ness of TPIR...  but that's just my opinion...

Stutz
[/quote]

Call me crazy (take the bait or don't), but I don't hear much of a difference in the theme. I'll have to listen more carefully next Monday.
Adam Strom

CJBojangles

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 09:58:52 PM »
Good GOD I hope someone tells Rich that there are no "O"s in Drew's name. Then again, this is the same man who deemed the letter "R" in the word "CAR" unnecessary.

They updated Price and they did it right. I'm highly impressed.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 11:50:33 PM »
Something I'm wondering....In the clip where Drew is talking (right after they show him making his entrance from backstage), it looks like the Big Wheel, but different..(white and red). What is that?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 12:03:42 AM »
Part of the new "Race Game Curtain," the fan name for the flat that conceals the prizes for "Race Game" among many other functions. Apologies if you already knew that term.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 12:32:15 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'166459\' date=\'Oct 12 2007, 12:03 AM\']
Part of the new "Race Game Curtain," the fan name for the flat that conceals the prizes for "Race Game" among many other functions.[/quote]

Actually, that's what the label says on the curtain's controls, right next to the ones for the similarly-labeled Giant Price Tag.

tpirfan28

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 08:16:31 AM »
The opening looks cheap (where the logo zooms in).

Three days.  Hurry up. :)

And for those who think "this isn't TPiR if Bob Barker isn't hosting", pull yer head out of your rear.  What appears to be quality television will grace our screens at 11AM EDT Monday.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 08:54:58 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'166479\' date=\'Oct 12 2007, 08:16 AM\']
The opening looks cheap (where the logo zooms in).
[/quote]

True.  It looked like the chyron operator did some logo cropping and cutting at Photoshop 101 and brought it to the control room.  :)

And the way Drew excitingly emphasized the cash prize in "It's in the Bag" in that clip or "Plinko" on the YouTube clip reminded me of Jim Perry when he was enthusiastic about a contestant winning big on the "Money Cards".

I can't wait for Monday!
-Sanford

Footix

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 09:50:34 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'166426\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 09:25 PM\']

[/quote]
That is sort of a natural thing for any announcer to do. If you've ever heard Rick Jeanneret announce a Buffalo Sabres goal scored by Chris Drooooooooooory or Droooooooooooo Stafford, you'll know what I mean.

tvwxman

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 10:37:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Footix\' post=\'166483\' date=\'Oct 12 2007, 09:50 AM\']
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'166426\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 09:25 PM\']

[/quote]
That is sort of a natural thing for any announcer to do. If you've ever heard Rick Jeanneret announce a Buffalo Sabres goal scored by Chris Drooooooooooory or Droooooooooooo Stafford, you'll know what I mean.
[/quote]
Having both announced professionally, and been a professional broadcaster for many, MANY years, I can assure you that it's neither natural or normal. It's an easy cop-out way to introduce someone.

Now, if that's what Fremantle wants, then, fine. But there are many other ways to introduce Drew without sounding like you're at a WWE match.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

HYHYBT

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 01:12:23 AM »
The logo before the doors appear would look *so* much better without the outlines... but otherwise the show seems to be practically perfect in every way. I can't wait until Monday! (actually, very late Wednesday night at the earliest, but who's counting?)
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

ewalker3

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 01:38:09 AM »
Call me crazy (take the bait or don't), but I don't hear much of a difference in the theme. I'll have to listen more carefully next Monday.
[/quote]

youre not crazy - from what I heard from the clip and confirmed. There is at least the addition of a congo drum in it, but otherwise it sounds pretty much the same

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 09:36:21 PM »
Wow, you're alive! Welcome!

There is at least the addition of a congo drum in it, but otherwise it sounds pretty much the same
It's conga, dear. Congo is a country in Africa.
But there are many other ways to introduce Drew without sounding like you're at a WWE match.
Yeah, by hiring a real announcer ;-)

In the interview Drew says something I tell every aspiring game show emcee I meet: be yourself. You see, Drew's been channeling ME!!! :-)

Oh, and it's Bent-uh, not Bent-ay.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 09:50:40 PM by chris319 »

Jumpondees

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 03:22:57 AM »
[quote name=\'Footix\' post=\'166483\' date=\'Oct 12 2007, 09:50 AM\']
[/quote]

I'm sorry, I know this is O/T here, but Jeanneret, he's the TV guy right?  If he is, he is by far one of the most annoying voices in all of the NHL.  To me, he's like fingernails on a chalkboard...and a bunch of other analogies that I'm not going to bore everyone with.

I'm done...That is all.