Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New airdates listed for TPIR  (Read 1978 times)

Card Shark

New airdates listed for TPIR
« on: October 11, 2007, 09:37:43 PM »
For those of you who attended tapings over the summer, the first week of episodes has been listed on the airdate link. As has been previously reported, the order of episodes is not linear.
Adam Strom

HYHYBT

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 10:14:14 PM »
I can't help noticing that, despite what was insistently posted on Golden Road, they're *not* airing in numerical order either.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

TheLastResort

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 10:18:50 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'166434\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 09:14 PM\']
I can't help noticing that, despite what was insistently posted on Golden Road, they're *not* airing in numerical order either.
[/quote]
True.  I don't think they've even taped the official "season premiere" yet.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 10:56:45 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'166434\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 10:14 PM\']
I can't help noticing that, despite what was insistently posted on Golden Road, they're *not* airing in numerical order either.[/quote]
Funny.  I thought it was pretty well documented that they were going to air shows out of order as a by-product of helping Drew get acclimated.
This signature is currently under construction.

Card Shark

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 11:04:23 PM »
[quote name=\'TheLastResort\' post=\'166436\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 10:18 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Someone reported on goldenroad.net that the Friday of the first week of taping was supposed to be the premiere. I could be wrong. I'd set up a link, but golden road is getting a facelift and the message boards are inaccessible until Monday.
Adam Strom

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 12:08:34 AM »
[/quote]
[/quote]
They've taped every show for the first six weeks as of last week.

[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'166445\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 10:56 PM\']
Funny.  I thought it was pretty well documented that they were going to air shows out of order as a by-product of helping Drew get acclimated.
[/quote]
It's been well-documented that the shows were being taped out of order.  Based on the show numbers and the corresponding tapedates and game lineups that I know so far, I don't see any reason that they couldn't be aired in order, like I'd assumed they would be and like they are about 99% of the time (barring pre-emptions); they just aren't.  Heck if I know why.

Then again, as long as each show in the week comes from a different set of tapings -- as all five of these do -- there's not going to be any repeating games, so it's not like this is something even most of the obsessed viewers would notice if it weren't already spelled out.

[quote name=\'Card Shark\' post=\'166448\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 11:04 PM\']
Someone reported on goldenroad.net that the Friday of the first week of taping was supposed to be the premiere. I could be wrong. I'd set up a link, but golden road is getting a facelift and the message boards are inaccessible until Monday.
[/quote]
The first show taped on the Friday of Drew's first week was #4041K, which logically should be the season premiere (Barker's last episode has the previous number in the sequence, #4035K).  But it's airing next Tuesday.  There's apparently nothing in it to mark it as a season premiere...but unless it was added in post, I'm 99% sure the show they're airing on Monday doesn't have any such thing in it, either -- it was taped at the next session, and I'm pretty darn sure they didn't decide what order these things were going to be broadcast in until much more recently.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 12:16:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' post=\'166448\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 10:04 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I believe what was ACTUALLY said was something along the lines of 'it wasn't officially a season premiere, and they never called it as such, but some things happened that MIGHT be in line with a season premiere'.  

Plus, what Steve said.  This guy knows more about the history of Price's schedule than anyone who actually works on the show.

/Then again, what do I know?
//I only have 3,700 posts on Golden-Road.

Card Shark

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 06:23:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'166462\' date=\'Oct 12 2007, 12:16 AM\']
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' post=\'166448\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 10:04 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I believe what was ACTUALLY said was something along the lines of 'it wasn't officially a season premiere, and they never called it as such, but some things happened that MIGHT be in line with a season premiere'.  

Plus, what Steve said.  This guy knows more about the history of Price's schedule than anyone who actually works on the show.

/Then again, what do I know?
//I only have 3,700 posts on Golden-Road.
[/quote]
Well, that's why I said I could be wrong :)
Adam Strom