Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The New Price Is Right is all wrong"  (Read 7812 times)

gamed121683

"The New Price Is Right is all wrong"
« on: October 20, 2007, 03:33:15 PM »
This might be worth checking out. Here's an opinion article about Drew Carey's 1st week on "The Price Is Right". Check out the link below:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/2007/10/...n-4-oct-23.html

Then scroll down until you find "Solomon's Weekly Rant".

Feel free to discuss, however I feel this has all ready been done to death already.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 03:41:50 PM »
Then why did you post it?

We should start a "Barker Fanb0i Of Teh Week" feature.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 03:51:29 PM »
Favorite quote of the entire rant:

Such as when one of the contestants spun the wheel on her first try, the arrow landed on 50 and Drew asked her did she want to spin again? Why wouldn't she want to spin again if the chances of someone beating 50 is over 50%?

Nice to know he's calling out the rules of the game...even when Barker was hosting.

...and I prefer a "Barker fanboi Hall of Fame". :)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 03:58:32 PM »
As usual, my question is twofold:

1) does this guy post here, and

2) would I be surprised at who he was if he does?

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 04:32:33 PM »
I do read that site, and I can tell you that "Solomon's Weekly Rants" always lack that certain je ne sais what the frickin' point of that was.
@lambertman

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 05:28:07 PM »
As usual, my question is twofold:

1) does this guy post here,
Nope. Which is *definitely* a good thing for everyone involved.  That said, the hapless shill charming and witty writer extolling the virtues of NCIS Season 4 at the top of the article most definitely posts here. :-)

2) would I be surprised at who he was if he does?
If he posted here, it'd be very evidently clear who he was.

[quote name=\''ChrisLambert!'\']
       I do read that site, and I can tell you that "Solomon's Weekly Rants" always lack that certain je ne sais what the frickin' point of that was.
[/quote]
One or two of them were mildly coherent, but otherwise that summarizes pretty much every last frickin one of 'em.
-----
For the life of me, I just DO NOT understand why we actually run these weekly babbles rants.  Most people, outside the original poster's supporters on the site's forums, find the rant unreadable. But the couple of times the matter of continuing to allow the rants have come up, I've been outvoted on the matter.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 05:31:51 PM by Seth Thrasher »

PYLW

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 05:30:51 PM »
Solomon's got a major, major ego issue. That's the nicest thing I can say about him. My opinion on him is really not all that high, as you can imagine.

He also has no idea what he's talking about. He complained about the contestants wanting to do a shot-out to their parents and friends during the Showcase Showdown, thinking it was a new thing Drew allowed the contestants to do.

Let's just say that it didn't help that he tried doing a trade with me where he tried to send one episode of a show in exchange for two episodes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 05:32:18 PM by PYLW »

beatlefreak84

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 05:33:52 PM »
You know, I've seen a LOT of similar comments elsewhere, especially on Facebook.  It's amazing how many people are basically making Drew the Antichrist and saying that TPIR is the worst it's ever been now simply because Drew's hosting and not Bob.  Only 1 group was actually devoted to praising Drew's work as host of TPIR; the rest (I think there were about 6 or 7) were all, in some way or another, saying he's "all wrong" for the show, basically without any credible evidence besides some form of "He's not Bob" or "I don't like his comedy."  One even said something along the lines of, "He's so bad, do you notice that none of the female contestants want to kiss him?"  Sigh...

What made me LMAO, though, were some of the suggestions they had for new hosts.  While a few were sensible (one suggested John O'Hurley), most were just plain illogical, IMO (one suggested John Freakin' Stamos, and another said that they should've picked Mario Lopez, simply because he was "hot").

So, I'm curious, since none of my friends watch game shows:  What do your non-game-show-loving friends think of Drew hosting?

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 05:35:49 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLW\' post=\'167448\' date=\'Oct 20 2007, 05:30 PM\'] Let's just say that it didn't help that he tried doing a trade with me where he tried to send one episode of a show in exchange for two episodes. [/quote]

This is a man who threw a fit when, after "forgetting" to pay an eBay seller for quite some time, finally does pay him, but then throws a completely unbridled and unrestrained shitfit when the seller tells him he's away and can't ship until he gets back.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 05:40:34 PM by Seth Thrasher »

PYLW

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 05:42:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'167450\' date=\'Oct 20 2007, 05:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'PYLW\' post=\'167448\' date=\'Oct 20 2007, 05:30 PM\'] Let's just say that it didn't help that he tried doing a trade with me where he tried to send one episode of a show in exchange for two episodes. [/quote]

This is a man who threw a fit when, after "forgetting" to pay an eBay seller for quite some time, finally does pay him, but then throws a completely unbridled and unrestrained shitfit when the seller tells him he's away and can't ship until he gets back.
[/quote]

Oh yes, I saw that. My friend IM'ed me and was like "Can you believe this crap?". What amused me the most was that he was complaining about how no one was defending him, just because they were his friends. How is he so popular over there?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 05:42:47 PM by PYLW »

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 05:45:40 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLW\' post=\'167451\' date=\'Oct 20 2007, 05:42 PM\'] How is he so popular over there? [/quote]\
Some sort of twisted cult of personality effect?  I really don't know.

PYLW

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »
For those interested, Brain Damage did a fantastic rip of his post over at the SitcomsOnline forums: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=211796

The guy's got an ego problem, no doubt about it. And he also sends you very rude e-mails, and just flat out acts like an elitist on the boards themselves (Insulting members who disagree with his opinion.) Makes me glad other boards I go to are much better moderated (No offense, Seth.)

clemon79

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 06:53:15 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'167449\' date=\'Oct 20 2007, 02:33 PM\']
One even said something along the lines of, "He's so bad, do you notice that none of the female contestants want to kiss him?"  Sigh...[/quote]
You mean, other than pretty much every female contestant, who snuggles up to him like the big teddy bear he is?
(Insulting members who disagree with his opinion.)
You mean that's wrong? :D

/and a bunch of heads just asploded
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 06:53:34 PM by clemon79 »

PYLW

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 07:04:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'167458\' date=\'Oct 20 2007, 06:53 PM\']
You mean that's wrong? :D

[/quote]

Well, atleast you do it in a humorous way. :-). He quotes a whole post and goes "Why dont you get a girlfriend"...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 07:04:32 PM by PYLW »

tpirfan28

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 07:33:39 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'167449\' date=\'Oct 20 2007, 05:33 PM\']
You know, I've seen a LOT of similar comments elsewhere, especially on Facebook.
[/quote]
OBFacebook:  There is a group called "Family Feud was better with Al Boreland."

Excuse me while I vomit.

So, I'm curious, since none of my friends watch game shows:  What do your non-game-show-loving friends think of Drew hosting?

Anthony
Exact quote from one:  "I don't watch the Price is Right."
Exact quote from an ex: "What's The Price is Right?"
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"