Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shokus Internet Radio Game Show  (Read 3487 times)

Matt Ottinger

Shokus Internet Radio Game Show
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 11:30:50 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'145810\' date=\'Feb 10 2007, 09:47 AM\']I don't want to know the material, but I wouldn't mind knowing what the game is...[/quote]
I don't think I'm giving too much away to go over the format.

Basically, it's the final round of Weakest Link, writ large.  Straight-up trivia questions, on any subject.  Nothing fancy, no wagering, no buzzing in, and no random luck, except the luck of possibly getting easier or harder questions than your opponent.  There are six contestants in the hour, who face off in pairs in three preliminary matches.  (So for all the trash talk, Clay and Tim may not even meet!)  I'm not sure how many questions each player gets in a round, but I think they settled on seven.  Also not sure how they'll handle a tiebreaker, though in one runthrough it was the player who guessed closest to the date of an event.  Each player answers his question in turn, and the one with the most right advances to the three-person final.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 12:56:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'145820\' date=\'Feb 10 2007, 11:30 AM\']
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'145810\' date=\'Feb 10 2007, 09:47 AM\']I don't want to know the material, but I wouldn't mind knowing what the game is...[/quote]
I don't think I'm giving too much away to go over the format.

Straight-up trivia questions, on any subject.  Nothing fancy, no wagering, no buzzing in, and no random luck, except the luck of possibly getting easier or harder questions than your opponent. [/quote]

--all of which are easy, if you know the answers.

Thanks.  Perfect.  Exactly what I hoped to know.

In an email I just got from Shokus, I read that there will be a preview of the game on Monday at 3 PM PST.  Also during this show will be an audio replay of a "Who, What, or Where" episode.
czambo@mac.com

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 04:41:13 PM »
Bumping an old, old thread just to mention that an episode I taped will be airing tonight at 9pm ET.  Tune in and see how I did!

http://www.shokusradio.com/
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.