Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Crosswords Renewal?  (Read 1321 times)

tvmitch

Crosswords Renewal?
« on: October 22, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »
On today's Programming Insider email from Marc Berman, there is a MGC ad at the top - as there has been for the past several weeks. Usually it's an ad bragging about how well the show is doing in certain demos and stations, etc.

Today's ad had a different note on it: after bragging about a +67% growth in women demos at 4pm on WNBC, the ad reads:

"Renewing Now Year 2 - Fall 2008."

Now I'm imagining that doesn't mean a renewal is official, but at least it's promising for the better of these two new syndie shows. I think that MGC would make an interesting pair with Deal if stations are looking to strip an hour.
You should follow me on Twitter

mmb5

Crosswords Renewal?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 11:57:28 AM »
Most syndie strips at least test the waters for renewals.  It doesn't necessarily mean it's coming back.  The ad I saw last week said "#2 in Norfolk".  It's not like they're not trying, but usually these types of ads can trumpet a #1 market here and there.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

BrandonFG

Crosswords Renewal?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 03:31:54 PM »
I looked through one of the trade mags today...there's an ad w/Ty's mug, mentioning how the show has made considerable ratings jumps in several cities, including a 180% jump in San Diego. Granted, it's comparing week three's ratings to week one, but it's a start. For the record, I counted 24 cities.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!