Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two Old GS Pros...  (Read 1598 times)

davemackey

Two Old GS Pros...
« on: November 03, 2007, 01:48:13 PM »
The episode of "Women's Murder Club" last night on ABC featured a couple of game show fixtures playing residents of a retirement community - Anita Gillette and Orson Bean. It's great to see some of our leading lights of the past still showing the new kids how it's done.

Matt Ottinger

Two Old GS Pros...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 02:33:01 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'168652\' date=\'Nov 3 2007, 01:48 PM\']
The episode of "Women's Murder Club" last night on ABC featured a couple of game show fixtures playing residents of a retirement community - Anita Gillette and Orson Bean. [/quote]
Either one of them by themselves and you wouldn't think much of it, but casting them both like that, you know somebody's a fan.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Scrabbleship

Two Old GS Pros...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:08:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'168659\' date=\'Nov 3 2007, 02:33 PM\']
The episode of "Women's Murder Club" last night on ABC featured a couple of game show fixtures playing residents of a retirement community - Anita Gillette and Orson Bean. [/quote]
Either one of them by themselves and you wouldn't think much of it, but casting them both like that, you know somebody's a fan.
[/quote]

Wouldn't be the first time. As much as it bombed, Normal, Ohio had them together as a couple (and their presence was one of the few good things about the show).

uncamark

Two Old GS Pros...
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 05:18:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'168659\' date=\'Nov 3 2007, 01:33 PM\']
[/quote]

And thanks to "Men in Trees" switching time slots (I know, but I used to know the lady who plays Crazy Anne Heche's editor on the show and Cynthia Stevenson is so damn adorable) and the unexplained need to see the Central Casting NY cop shaking his fist at the Banker, followed by the stereotyped Sassy Black Mom, "Women's Murder Club" didn't record in my home last night.  Oops.

And I actually like that show more than most critics.  Maybe it's the fact that I could watch Angie Harmon read the phone book and be very, very happy.

davemackey

Two Old GS Pros...
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 09:16:11 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'168671\' date=\'Nov 3 2007, 05:18 PM\']
And thanks to "Men in Trees" switching time slots (I know, but I used to know the lady who plays Crazy Anne Heche's editor on the show and Cynthia Stevenson is so damn adorable)
[/quote]
Two words: "The Player."

Three more words: "My Talk Show."

Four more words: What an underrated actress!

gwarman2005

Two Old GS Pros...
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 12:36:57 AM »
Maybe it's the fact that I could watch Angie Harmon read the phone book and be very, very happy.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.  Let's hear it for Law & Order reruns!