Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Back to the beginning of the Gladiators cycle  (Read 1698 times)

Sonic Whammy

Back to the beginning of the Gladiators cycle
« on: November 09, 2007, 07:13:20 PM »
Looks like ESPNC doesn't have all of the American Gladiators episodes after all. Where today should have started the first International tournament in England, or at least Season 7, they went back to the beginning with show #1.

We'll have to see if this happens on the 1AM rerun, of course, but this will obviously suck for the completists. *raises hand* Well, at least I can go back and get some ones I missed when my DVR box was acting up. Ah well.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

WhammyPower

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:15:08 PM »
Well, I guess there's only Sunny days ahead...

Speedy G

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 02:01:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' post=\'169239\' date=\'Nov 9 2007, 07:13 PM\']
Looks like ESPNC doesn't have all of the American Gladiators episodes after all. Where today should have started the first International tournament in England, or at least Season 7, they went back to the beginning with show #1.

We'll have to see if this happens on the 1AM rerun, of course, but this will obviously suck for the completists. *raises hand* Well, at least I can go back and get some ones I missed when my DVR box was acting up. Ah well.
[/quote]
Unless I'm mistaken about Spike showing the international series, I think at this point every series has been repeated either on Spike/TNN or ESPNClassic now.  As I recall, Spike/TNN showed series 2,3,4 and 7 plus the internationals, and ESPNClassic has shown 1 thru 6.

/Ob"I took the most excellent hit of my life"
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

RobertSearcy

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' post=\'169290\' date=\'Nov 10 2007, 02:01 PM\']
Unless I'm mistaken about Spike showing the international series, I think at this point every series has been repeated either on Spike/TNN or ESPNClassic now.  As I recall, Spike/TNN showed series 2,3,4 and 7 plus the internationals....
[/quote]

If memory serves me right, I don't believe Spike aired the International series.  Actually, I don't recall the International series being rerun on any network.

Edit:  I stand corrected according to the latest replies.  Musta missed those on Spike somehow.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 11:44:21 AM by RobertSearcy »
"If everyone played Stud 8, it wouldn't matter who's in the White House because this would be one happy country!" -- Norman Chad during the 2007 World Series of Poker $50K HORSE event

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 04:15:41 PM »
[quote name=\'RobertSearcy\' post=\'169292\' date=\'Nov 10 2007, 04:46 PM\']
If memory serves me right, I don't believe Spike aired the International series.  Actually, I don't recall the International series being rerun on any network. [/quote]

Actually, they reran at least one of the two for sure...though for the life of me I can't remember whether it was the first one or the second one they ran. IIRC they only ran one of the two - I think it was international tourney #1, but I wouldn't swear to that.

Spike aired, at various points: The 1990-91, 1991-92, 1992-93, and the non-International part of 1995-96 seasons, plus the celebrity specials from the Adamle/Malosky era, and whichever one of the two International Gladiators tourneys (Again, I think it was IG #1, but I wouldn't swear to it).  [IIRC, USA only ever aired seasons 1 through 4]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 04:26:48 PM by Seth Thrasher »

cool245

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 05:03:35 PM »
Spike aired four episodes from International Gladiators 1 and one from International Gladiators 2.