Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Wheel of Fortune with Big Money  (Read 2351 times)

pds319

My Wheel of Fortune with Big Money
« on: November 09, 2007, 04:06:25 AM »
Hey guys. I'm back once again with another video of my Wheel of Fortune. Really I just wanted to know what you guys think of the Big Money space I added and how the board looks with the lights around it. I think it looks ok, but if you guys have any ideas for improvement, send them my way. There's also a puzzle thrown in for fun. I will be starting work on a Family Feud board this weekend for a campus show, so I'll let you guys know when that's finished.

Video

tvwxman

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 07:50:46 AM »
[quote name=\'pds319\' post=\'169179\' date=\'Nov 9 2007, 04:06 AM\']
Hey guys. I'm back once again with another video of my Wheel of Fortune. Really I just wanted to know what you guys think of the Big Money space I added and how the board looks with the lights around it. I think it looks ok, but if you guys have any ideas for improvement, send them my way. There's also a puzzle thrown in for fun. I will be starting work on a Family Feud board this weekend for a campus show, so I'll let you guys know when that's finished.

Video
[/quote]
Phenomenal. Even down to the 'big money' wedge!

How much for it? :)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

geno57

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 08:09:52 AM »
Absolute magnificence.

I'd love to have you build me an old-style Concentration board!  But I don't have thousands (tens of thousands, probably) to pay!

You should be working for the show, fer cryin' out loud.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 09:26:38 AM »
Amazing.  More than amazing.

I guess the only thing missing, really, is to go from one pointer to three (red/yellow/blue).

Even without that, it's way more than amazing.
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 11:38:08 AM »
Here's the real kicker. We hear about this Big Money wedge, and we all wonder "gee, how are they going to work that into the mechanics? It's a free-floating Wheel." And this dude goes and DOES IT.

Bravo.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 01:14:46 PM »
My jaw drops to you. Very well done, esp. the puzzleboard!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

J.R.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 01:40:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'169192\' date=\'Nov 9 2007, 10:38 AM\']We hear about this Big Money wedge, and we all wonder "gee, how are they going to work that into the mechanics? It's a free-floating Wheel."[/quote]
I was thinking the exact same thing. I was truly stunned when saw that working monitor!

Incredible work, pds319!

C'mon, tells us where you live, I wanna spin that wheel :-P
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 01:43:30 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

pds319

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 11:03:04 AM »
Lol. I'm in Maryland, seems like a good ways away from you JRaygor, but yea if you're around you can come over and spin it. People in my building come over every week, and we just finished doing a campus program with it which is why I put the lighting around the puzzleboard. Man was it a pain to haul everything from my 5th floor apartment across campus to a hall.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 01:17:33 PM »
I damn near spit out my drink when I saw that puzzle board.

That's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

wheelloon

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 04:55:59 PM »
Well, I will start off by saying those are magnificiently well done. The wheel, I think, looks especially accurate to detail and slick. The puzzle board also rocks, though I would've preferred it if you modeled it after the 80's board, IF YOU'RE GONNA TURN THE LETTERS FOR GAWDS SAKE (LOL just kidding.) You MUST have Pat (and me) over one day to try it all out (he's likely within driving distance of ya...). ;)

Then, if you don't mind me asking PDS, what campus and where in Maryland do you live, exactly?

I'm from the Eastern Shore, aka bum *ya know* Egypt. It's surpised me how many GS fans I've met online from MD. Maybe Pat moving to Glen Burnie caused a bigger brewhaha than we originally thought... ;)
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

pds319

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 09:10:25 PM »
Hey wheelloon, sorry it took me awhile to respond. Classes have been killing me and I can't wait for the break. Well, I'm in Towson which is just north of Baltimore. Yea, one day you guys will have to come up and play, and that goes for those of you around. If you want to come and play we can figure something out, maybe even travel to wherever. Who else in MD are GS fans?