Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Million $ Password" casting now.  (Read 6619 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
"Million $ Password" casting now.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 03:29:23 AM »
The official time limit on + was four seconds. I still have a copy of the bible. If anyone wants a copy, email me and see if YOU can figure out Bobby Sherman's convoluted wording.

stutzunoon

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 07:47:17 AM »
Just confirmed my 10:00 AM time slot with the contestant coordinator - so I guess I'll see all of you there as well...

bellbm

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 10:51:36 AM »
Damn it, they called me Wednesday, and said they were only doing them Friday.  I could have gotten there Saturday, let's see if I can still schedule something!

Update-- No luck getting an audtion for tomorrow, but they said to call back the week after Thanksgiving, as they are sure to have other auditions.  I wish I would have looked at this thread yesterday.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 11:10:38 AM by bellbm »

colonial

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 11:31:19 AM »
Are there any plans for the show to do auditions in other cities?

James

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 03:16:38 PM »
[quote name=\'colonial\' post=\'169673\' date=\'Nov 16 2007, 09:31 AM\']
Are there any plans for the show to do auditions in other cities?

James
[/quote]

Well, I hope so-- I got the impression that the people who got contacted for this first round were in the Eastern seaboard area.  I assume they just didn't want people flying all the way from oh, let's say-- **Portland** just to audition.  

More's the pity...   :^)

-Kevin

cmjb13

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 03:24:30 PM »
Paging Chuck Donegan
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvwxman

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »
So? Who went today? Care to share details with the class, especially the classmates who are going Saturday?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 09:57:14 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'169663\' date=\'Nov 16 2007, 03:29 AM\']The official time limit on + was four seconds. I still have a copy of the bible. If anyone wants a copy, email me and see if YOU can figure out Bobby Sherman's convoluted wording.[/quote]
I'm not really asking for a copy, but was any of it regarding the need to account for celeb banter, "what did you say?", and the like?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 11:05:57 PM »
If anybody hears about definite dates for the next round of auditions, could you pass them along to me in an email? Would love to see.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

stutzunoon

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 04:02:41 PM »
Hey all,

Went down to the 10:00 AM audition today..

From what I gather, it seems that they are really rushing to get this on the air.  According to the casting people, they haven't finished ironing out the rules yet.  It was mentioned that there would be a number of rounds to the game, one being a speedround where you rush to get as many passwords as you can in a certain time limit, and another being a round where you play Password for a decreasing jackpot for every clue given - it was not specified if you would be playing against another team of opponents in this round or if your team would be the only one playing.  

Overall it was enjoyable - but it seemed that they were rushing through the auditions.. I don't know if that is a good thing or not...  They warmed us up by playing a group round of Password where they split up the room and asked people from each side to give or guess a password via raising your hand.

We then were asked to play a mock game in the People's Court studio of all places... was interesting to see Judge Milian's fake courtroom with portraits of past judges from the show hanging on the walls of the set.

I played the game pretty well, I even got a couple of words on one clue in the round they filmed in front of the camera.. guess we'll see what happens..

I also met 2 people who I believe are part of our forum at the 10:00AM auditions.. (Hi Bob and Chris - hope you guys had a safe trip back to Connecticut).  Sorry I couldn't reveal myself as it seemed that the contestant coordinators didn't seem enthused to hear people talking about game show minutiae...

Anyway, that's all..
stutzunoon - OUT!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:13:34 PM by stutzunoon »

BrandonFG

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 04:09:37 PM »
[quote name=\'stutzunoon\' post=\'169771\' date=\'Nov 17 2007, 04:02 PM\']
From what I gather, it seems that they are really rushing to get this on the air.
[/quote]
I know part of this (if not all) prolly comes as a result of the strike, but for some reason, it still scares me. Maybe it has something to do with Fremantle being behind it...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tpirfan28

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 04:14:31 PM »
The speedround....was it sort of like Alphabetics (alphabetical order of words) or just random?  If it's random, that'll make for one heckuva interesting round. (I've been a big fan of Alphabetics, but making it random just seems...cooler).
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

stutzunoon

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 04:38:58 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'169773\' date=\'Nov 17 2007, 04:14 PM\']
The speedround....was it sort of like Alphabetics (alphabetical order of words) or just random?  If it's random, that'll make for one heckuva interesting round. (I've been a big fan of Alphabetics, but making it random just seems...cooler).
[/quote]

They didn't really elaborate on any of the rules.. I'm just reporting what they told me...  

My guess is that they are revamping the lighting round by giving you a set amount of time to get a predetermined number of passwords (let's say beginning at 3 words in 60 seconds = easy peasy lemon squeezy) and maybe work up a money tree by asking the team to get an increasingly higher number of passwords correct in the same amount of time (let's say all the way up to 10 in 60 seconds = freaking hard as hell without it being in alphabetic order) to advance to the million dollars...

tvwxman

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 04:50:24 PM »
Let's put a hold on the questions about the format. The answer is : They. Don't. Have. One. Yet.

I was at the 1pm session, and like said above, it was quick. No written test, and quick interview with the contestant coordinator, and a quick round of 3 words with another contestant wannabe.

They did mention a speed round, and they did mention a round with a word that had decreasing value for every clue given. But in terms of a format :

They. Don't. Have. One. Yet.

They are taping in January.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2007, 05:53:15 PM »
[quote name=\'stutzunoon\' post=\'169771\' date=\'Nov 17 2007, 04:02 PM\']
I also met 2 people who I believe are part of our forum at the 10:00AM auditions.. (Hi Bob and Chris - hope you guys had a safe trip back to Connecticut).
[/quote]
Hey, I sure did! I'm Chris from the audition.

Were you the one sitting next to my girlfriend?

Or the one I wrote down the Youtube link for?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com