Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help Me Decide!  (Read 2695 times)

Shredder

Help Me Decide!
« on: September 29, 2003, 09:21:57 PM »
Los Angeles or San Diego?

My father had to cancel his plane trip to Orlando NECA Convention, because of my Grandfathers condition, but we now have two free tickets to anywhere in the united states to use for one year from this date.

I had a GREAT time at the San D Comic Con in 1998, nice little town, great event, and where else can you get on a  bus with a bunch of Klingons and not look strange? :).  But I barley afforded that trip, so I havn't been back since.

The other is Los Angeles to see some of my favorite shows taped...Most have long since been cancelled.  Home Improvment, Rossane, Sagets version of Funniest Home Videos, Full House, Familly Mattters.  Most of the ones I want to see now are Gameshows.... non comedies like Enterprise if I can find someone on staff who can get me in to see a filming scene..

I want to see shows like Whammy! Price is Right, Lingo, Russion Rhoulette, maby Jay Leno since I'm mostly a Dave fan, etc...

For people who have gone to both recently, (First time trip to LA for me), Help Me Decide!

DrBear

Help Me Decide!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 09:59:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 08:21 PM\'] Los Angeles or San Diego?

My father had to cancel his plane trip to Orlando NECA Convention, because of my Grandfathers condition, but we now have two free tickets to anywhere in the united states to use for one year from this date.

I had a GREAT time at the San D Comic Con in 1998, nice little town, great event, and where else can you get on a  bus with a bunch of Klingons and not look strange? :).  But I barley afforded that trip, so I havn't been back since.

The other is Los Angeles to see some of my favorite shows taped...Most have long since been cancelled.  Home Improvment, Rossane, Sagets version of Funniest Home Videos, Full House, Familly Mattters.  Most of the ones I want to see now are Gameshows.... non comedies like Enterprise if I can find someone on staff who can get me in to see a filming scene..

I want to see shows like Whammy! Price is Right, Lingo, Russion Rhoulette, maby Jay Leno since I'm mostly a Dave fan, etc...

For people who have gone to both recently, (First time trip to LA for me), Help Me Decide! [/quote]
 Asking that question in this forum is like asking Hugh Hefner if you should go to church or a party...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Help Me Decide!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 12:08:16 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 06:59 PM\'] Asking that question in this forum is like asking Hugh Hefner if you should go to church or a party... [/quote]
 Not really. Some of us DO have other interests. I've always wanted to go to the ComiCon, and I lived in CA for 28 years.

That said, you've BEEN to the ComiCon. So go to the tapings.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Timsterino

Help Me Decide!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 01:14:50 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 30 2003, 12:08 AM\'] That said, you've BEEN to the ComiCon. So go to the tapings. [/quote]
 I agree. Going to the tapings is an experience of a lifetime, especially your first time.

Tim :-)

Brandon Brooks

Help Me Decide!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 01:24:36 AM »
Pick the blue pill.

Brandon Brooks

Jumpondees

Help Me Decide!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 08:55:53 PM »
Can one lose thier membership card in the \"Game Show Fans Local 405 -- California Chapter\" for even thinking about picking a comicon over a taping?? :-p

All kidding aside, I've always wanted to go to one of those conventions, just to see all the people dress up as thier most favorite obscure comic book/anime character, some of these people go way over and beyond the call of duty when it comes to their outfits...  And when all else fails, you could just call those people \"LMAD Contestant Pool Rejects\" lol

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Help Me Decide!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 09:42:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Sep 30 2003, 05:55 PM\'] Can one lose thier membership card in the \"Game Show Fans Local 405 -- California Chapter\" for even thinking about picking a comicon over a taping?? :-p
 [/quote]
There are comicons, and there is San Diego. I think it's the biggest show in the country.

And if you think comic shows are good for Oddballs On Parade, try a Star Trek convention. There is NO bigger boost for your self esteem. You review all of your own little personal foibles, and then you realize that even with all of those dorky things about yourself, at least you're not currently dressed as a Ferengi scrambling to buy a set of three-year-old Slurpee cups.

(DISCLAIMER: I LIKE Star Trek. I am a Star Trek fan. If I could afford it, I'd probably own the TNG DVD sets.)

(DISCLAIMER #2: If anyone currently IS dressed as a Ferengi....no, I won't apologize. You need to get out more. Straight up. :))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 09:43:03 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

reason1024

Help Me Decide!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 12:56:49 AM »
Well, since you have TWO tickets, and you seem to be conflicted about which choice to make...you could always ask your father (or whoever will use the other ticket) which trip he'd prefer.  

If you're using the tickets independently, go wherever you'll see the most long-lost friends.  (Probably the Comic-Con)

If you're still waffling after reading the above, then you've either already made up your mind or will NEVER make up your mind.  I order you to go see game show tapings so I can live vicariously through you.

Cheers,
Mike / reason