Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Duel" host named...  (Read 8086 times)

tpirfan28

"Duel" host named...
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 10:26:43 AM »
In the last few minutes of "Mike and Mike" today, Greeny started talking about Duel...specifically da Perf's interview with Wink Martindale, in which Wink has nothing but great praise for Greeny.  He also said that during next week's programs they're going to try and talk about the show and its format a little more.

And for anyone who cares, Golic's favorite game is Pyramid, and Greeny kept referencing Tic Tac Dough.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

weaklink75

"Duel" host named...
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 02:09:11 PM »
The official site has been updated... they have the bios of all the possible players up (not all are going to make it on of course-they're only saying at least 3 games a show, possibly more, and the last ep is the playoff)...I have to think, if they get on, "The Internet Censor" (don't worry Perf-they give their full names as well), "The Student", and "The Used Car Salesman" have a bit of an edge...I like the set too...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 02:10:00 PM by weaklink75 »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
"Duel" host named...
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 05:13:32 PM »
And a note for those of me in Chicago, the premiere doesn't get aired until 1:36 AM CT Tuesday morning (or thereabouts).  Some football game simulcast with the "boo-yah back back back" network.

/Bears not repeating.
//Vikings' Adrian Peterson much better than the Bears' Adrian Peterson.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

"Duel" host named...
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 05:41:05 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'171456\' date=\'Dec 6 2007, 04:13 PM\']
And a note for those of me in Chicago, the premiere doesn't get aired until 1:36 AM CT Tuesday morning (or thereabouts).  Some football game simulcast with the "boo-yah back back back" network.[/quote]

Me too.  :)

It's going to be at 7 p.m. CT?  (Oh yeah, "Samantha" and "Underbelly" at 8.)

/"Samantha" is set in Chicago, although you have to pay attention to notice it
//Annoying squeaky-voiced chick on "Underbelly" introd kiddie shows on WCIU with former B96 jock Brian Middleton before moving to LA and becoming Glad Girl

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
"Duel" host named...
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 11:17:39 AM »
The premiere ep has been expanded to 90 minutes.

I worry about any show that takes 90 minutes to do what they were previously expecting to accomplish in 60.
@lambertman

Sodboy13

"Duel" host named...
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 11:46:50 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'171776\' date=\'Dec 11 2007, 10:17 AM\']
The premiere ep has been expanded to 90 minutes.

I worry about any show that takes 90 minutes to do what they were previously expecting to accomplish in 60.
[/quote]

Why?  I mean, Greed started out with a 2-hour premiere, and didn't Show Me The Shatner start out with a 90-minute "preview" episode?  And just look at how those two... oh.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
"Duel" host named...
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 12:17:58 PM »
It was my understanding that the whole thing's already in the can, which would seem to imply all we're getting 30 extra minutes of is stalling (er, TENSION!)
@lambertman

uncamark

"Duel" host named...
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »
In Chicago WLS' schedule still shows "Duel" as an hour on Tuesday morning after Kimmel and "Samantha," "Underbelly" and "October Road" on Wednesday morning after Kimmel, thanks to the Bears on "Monday Night Football."

However, ABC's own site now shows "Duel" at 90 minutes, "Samantha" pre-empted and "Underbelly" and "October Road" unchanged (I'll assume WLS will still run them on Wednesday morning).

Unless ABC's got more episodes of "Underbelly" than it does of "Samantha," hell if I know why they'd pre-empt their most popular new half-hour (even if it took a beating without that sweet "Dancing" lead-in).  And unless "Clash of the Choirs" is going 90 minutes Monday night, hell if I'd know why they'd extend "Duel" to 90 minutes.

(Oh, "Clash" is two hours Monday night--what, can't Gail and Lloyd get yet another half-hour of stalling together instead of having to show the nation Glad Girl at 9:30?)