Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF Prize Puzzle  (Read 2988 times)

HSquares2003

WOF Prize Puzzle
« on: September 25, 2003, 09:16:36 PM »
Seems a bit better than flipping a space for a car(or bankrupt). Do you think they should deep six the Mystery Wedge and just play one Prize Puzzle a day instead?

joey7879

WOF Prize Puzzle
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 10:12:48 PM »
Since we don't get the Prize Puzzle everyday (correct?), it would work better if twice a week, the home audience sees the \"Prize Puzzle\" icon at the bottom of the screen but have it as a surprise to the contestants. For a reason I can't put my finger on, it seems so awkward for the contestants to know it's the Prize Puzzle beforehand.

SplitSecond

WOF Prize Puzzle
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 10:44:26 PM »
I think it would be more awkward for contestants to be mulling over a puzzle like the \"WARM BLUE WATERS\" one without the knowledge that it was the description of a prize, as opposed to a well-known name or phrase.

goongas

WOF Prize Puzzle
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 10:45:40 PM »
I thought WOF would have ditched the mystery round and have come up with another round myself.

Eric

Timsterino

WOF Prize Puzzle
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 10:53:56 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Sep 25 2003, 10:45 PM\'] I thought WOF would have ditched the mystery round and have come up with another round myself.

Eric [/quote]
 So did I, Eric. I guess it worked for them.

Tim :-)

Robert Hutchinson

WOF Prize Puzzle
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 11:24:40 PM »
I LIKE the Mystery Round.

The Prize Puzzles are all right, I guess. I just wish they'd come up with something more clever for the prizes (and puzzles) themselves. There's only so many ways you can make up puzzles for beach vacations. I dunno, CATHODE RAY TUBE for a big screen TV or something. Make some of the contestants look confused before they solve.

I think it might also be neat to occasionally make the fourth round a Prize Puzzle--it could make the determination of the winner a lot more exciting whenever that round goes to speedup. OTOH, maybe that's too many sound cues for Pat to handle.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
WOF Prize Puzzle
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 01:18:47 AM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Sep 25 2003, 08:16 PM\'] Seems a bit better than flipping a space for a car(or bankrupt). Do you think they should deep six the Mystery Wedge and just play one Prize Puzzle a day instead? [/quote]
 They're basically using the format of the forgotten show \"Number Please\".  Anyone want some Pottery Corn Dishes?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

vtown7

WOF Prize Puzzle
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2003, 10:47:48 AM »
Apologies if this sounds stupid, but wasn't there a similar round tried a few years ago - but with a bell sounding a bonus trip (a la \"bonus question time\")?  I seem to remember this possibly happening around 98 or 99.

Cheers,

Ryan :)

BrandonFG

WOF Prize Puzzle
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2003, 02:27:27 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Sep 26 2003, 09:47 AM\'] Apologies if this sounds stupid, but wasn't there a similar round tried a few years ago - but with a bell sounding a bonus trip (a la "bonus question time")?  I seem to remember this possibly happening around 98 or 99.

Cheers,

Ryan :) [/quote]
 If you and I are thinking of the same thing, it was just a bonus question given to whoever solved the puzzle. Unlike the CLUE/NEXT LINE PLEASE/FILL IN THE BLANK type puzzles, the question was actually asked by Charlie O'Donnell, using a very mysterious voice. I actually wanna say it was about 1996.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

WOF Prize Puzzle
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2003, 07:25:13 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Sep 26 2003, 09:47 AM\'] Apologies if this sounds stupid, but wasn't there a similar round tried a few years ago - but with a bell sounding a bonus trip (a la "bonus question time")?  I seem to remember this possibly happening around 98 or 99.
:) [/quote]
 When they ask a bonus question after a puzzle(they still do on some occasions), it is worth extra cash, was originally $500, then raised to $1000, then $2000, now $3000(they raised that bonus to $3K around the time of the 3000th syndie episode, will they soon raise it to $4K with the 4000th syndie show set to air in less than two months)