Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NYSI music cues  (Read 2506 times)

DjohnsonCB

NYSI music cues
« on: November 28, 2007, 12:51:10 PM »
The "Now You See It" shows that GSN is currently running obviously went unseen by me during the CBS run and previous GSN airings, because outside of the opening title shot, all the cues seem to come from Score Productions.  By the time I was able to watch it on a fairly regular basis (the dreaded Summer of 1974 when we were all temporarily holed up in an apartment for roughly 9 or 10 weeks while our tornado-ravaged house was being repaired, and we all had to share one TV), the music was a somewhat even mix of Score cues and bits of "Chump Change".  Anyone know how long the shows with 99% Score cues lasted?
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

uncamark

NYSI music cues
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 04:37:53 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'170689\' date=\'Nov 28 2007, 11:51 AM\']
The "Now You See It" shows that GSN is currently running obviously went unseen by me during the CBS run and previous GSN airings, because outside of the opening title shot, all the cues seem to come from Score Productions.  By the time I was able to watch it on a fairly regular basis (the dreaded Summer of 1974 when we were all temporarily holed up in an apartment for roughly 9 or 10 weeks while our tornado-ravaged house was being repaired, and we all had to share one TV), the music was a somewhat even mix of Score cues and bits of "Chump Change".  Anyone know how long the shows with 99% Score cues lasted?
[/quote]

Seems to me that it was no more than a couple of weeks before "Chump Change" came back.

And the cue we don't hear on GSN--the fee plug cue, which was the "TPIR" fee plug cue that's used to this day with the melody line mixed out and strings playing the accompaniment melody, if that's the correct term--it sounded good with Johnny O and/or Gene's voice, the rectangular wipes and the slanted shots of the logo on the game board.

Steve Gavazzi

NYSI music cues
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 07:01:29 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'170705\' date=\'Nov 28 2007, 04:37 PM\']And the cue we don't hear on GSN--the fee plug cue, which was the "TPIR" fee plug cue that's used to this day[/quote]
Nope, not anymore -- it's been replaced with a remix of the new theme.

Ian Wallis

NYSI music cues
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 07:18:42 PM »
There must have been some problems at that time of using commercially-released songs as themes.  A couple of years earlier, The Joker's Wild changed their theme for a couple of weeks with no explanation.  Then, as quick as "The Savers" was gone, it was back.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

NYSI music cues
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 07:27:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'170731\' date=\'Nov 28 2007, 06:18 PM\']
There must have been some problems at that time of using commercially-released songs as themes.  A couple of years earlier, The Joker's Wild changed their theme for a couple of weeks with no explanation.  Then, as quick as "The Savers" was gone, it was back.
[/quote]

That was about 18 months before "NYSI" premiered--that other music showed up very early in "TJW"'s network run.

TimK2003

NYSI music cues
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 01:10:42 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'170734\' date=\'Nov 28 2007, 08:27 PM\']
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'170731\' date=\'Nov 28 2007, 06:18 PM\']
[/quote]

That was about 18 months before "NYSI" premiered--that other music showed up very early in "TJW"'s network run.
[/quote]

And wasn't that temporary switch to the non "Savers" theme still a cue from the same composer/artist?  It sure sounded like a blood relative of "The Savers".

Argo

NYSI music cues
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 07:36:31 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'170689\' date=\'Nov 28 2007, 12:51 PM\']
[/quote]

Actually i really enjoyed the music. This time watching NYSI is the first time i heard the cue used on the show as i only seen clips or select episodes on GSN. Surprised they didn't change the opening music as well. Listening to the "Alternate" theme by Score Prod. it could have easily been edited for the opening spiel. Also, i'm wondering if there is a more complete/cleaner version of it around. There is obviously more of the music to be heard. Sounded awesome to me, although there wasn't really a lot of Score music at the time that i didn't like.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
NYSI music cues
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 10:58:10 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'170705\' date=\'Nov 28 2007, 03:37 PM\']
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'170689\' date=\'Nov 28 2007, 11:51 AM\']
Anyone know how long the shows with 99% Score cues lasted?
[/quote]
Seems to me that it was no more than a couple of weeks before "Chump Change" came back.
[/quote]
It was back on this morning's choice rerun (same returning champion as the previous day's ep, so nothing was skipped).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)