Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "$1M Password"  (Read 4485 times)

The Pyramids

"$1M Password"
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 01:24:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'171137\' date=\'Dec 2 2007, 01:55 PM\']
According to Jefferson Graham, Bob Stewart has never seen Password Plus or Super Password (or ABC Password) "Not even five minutes. I have no interest" as Mr. Stewart was quoted in the book "Come On Down"
[/quote]

I wonder what his take is on 'Pyramid' and Lane 'Chain Reaction.'

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
"$1M Password"
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 01:40:37 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'171138\' date=\'Dec 2 2007, 01:24 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'171137\' date=\'Dec 2 2007, 01:55 PM\']
According to Jefferson Graham, Bob Stewart has never seen Password Plus or Super Password (or ABC Password) "Not even five minutes. I have no interest" as Mr. Stewart was quoted in the book "Come On Down"
[/quote]

I wonder what his take is on 'Pyramid' and Lane 'Chain Reaction.'
[/quote]

If no one's told him about 'Pyramid' and Lane 'Chain Reaction' yet, I don't think anyone should, for his own sake.

Let's just not tell him they exist.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

BrandonFG

"$1M Password"
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 04:22:48 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'171131\' date=\'Dec 2 2007, 10:53 AM\']
Don't lose hope. At last word, there were people at Fremantle with knowledge and respect for the show's legacy working on this revival. Let's hope their vision isn't tweaked and tinkered with by too many chefs in the kitchen, and by the powers that be. If it isn't, we may well be pleasantly surprised!
[/quote]
If the show keeps a Game Show Marathon-type of vibe, then I'll be fine with it. Except, 1) allow the contestants to shine, and 2) stop cutting to the audience so much.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

The Ol' Guy

"$1M Password"
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 11:04:05 AM »
Yeah, some of these revivals with too many tweaks are extra scary - but even the best blow them on occasion. Corresponding with Dan Enright before his passing, we both felt that the dismal response to TTD 90 had the potential of permanently branding the whole format as a failure that would never be considered by anyone for a future revival. When you mess with things like Password - well, it's one thing to consider such a format "iffy" for this day and time, but to do it so badly that no one would ever want to do anything with the game again... Please, God! Help them do it right!!

Jimmy Owen

"$1M Password"
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 11:12:58 AM »
I am hoping that the people who called the shots on "Match Game 98," "Card Sharks" (clip chip version), "Whammy," and "Temptation" will be politely not chosen to work on this revival.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 11:15:08 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Neumms

"$1M Password"
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 11:13:46 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'171154\' date=\'Dec 2 2007, 04:22 PM\']
If the show keeps a Game Show Marathon-type of vibe, then I'll be fine with it. Except, 1) allow the contestants to shine, and 2) stop cutting to the audience so much.
[/quote]

This is a really good point. If people think TPIR still gets its rating because it's so familiar, then somebody ought to try updating a show without updating it. Doesn't sound like that's how they'll do this one, though.