Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR ratings and Howard Stern  (Read 4475 times)

Card Shark

TPIR ratings and Howard Stern
« on: December 03, 2007, 10:23:13 AM »
Last week, Howard Stern brought up having watched a recent episode of TPIR and did not have flattering things to say about Drew Carey's performance. When he inquired about ratings, Gary did mention that the show had higher than normal ratings during the first week of the season, but wasn't sure about recent weeks. Is there a site to get such information?
Adam Strom

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 11:24:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' post=\'171170\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 07:23 AM\']
Last week, Howard Stern brought up having watched a recent episode of TPIR and did not have flattering things to say about Drew Carey's performance.[/quote]
Leave it to Stern to be a Barker fanboi.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:36:19 AM »
You can certainly argue that Drew doesn't have broadcaster polish when he's hosting, but who cares? And Howard has frequently cited TPIR as an "easy" job he'd like to have, if memory serves. One day of trying to memorize the blocking for just 6 different pricing games would change that tune.

-Jason
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:25:31 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 11:56:01 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'171180\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 08:36 AM\']
You can certainly argue that Drew doesn't have broadcaster polish when he's hosting, but who cares? And Howard has frequently cited TPIR as an "easy" job he'd like to have. if memory serves. One day of trying to memorize the blocking for just 6 different pricing games would change that tune.[/quote]
Of course, that said, the fact that we're sitting here discussing this is playing right into Stern's hand, instead of allowing him to continue his descent into irrelevancy that he's been undertaking for the last five years.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

napanickg

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »
hoo hoo hoo i  invented the price is right, robin

/opie and anthony are better
//do any sirius subscribers need backpacks for their portable units now? :P

narzo

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 09:03:29 PM »
[quote name=\'napanickg\' post=\'171213\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 04:05 PM\']
hoo hoo hoo i  invented the price is right, robin

/opie and anthony are better
//do any sirius subscribers need backpacks for their portable units now? :P
[/quote]

ACTUALLY...   today he took credit for inventing "Street Smarts", which I had heard him claim before, and now he claims he invented "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?"

"hey Howard":  1987, I did a bit for our high schools newscast where I asked students in the hallway a current-events question to see how dumb they were.  I guess I INVENTED "Street Smarts".  (and I think that means Jay Leno is ripping me off)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 09:58:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'171181\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 08:56 AM\']Of course, that said, the fact that we're sitting here discussing this is playing right into Stern's hand, instead of allowing him to continue his descent into irrelevancy that he's been undertaking for the last five years.[/quote]I don't quite agree with that. Even if I'm discussing him, I'm not listening to his program, so I don't register on anything other than a Q score, or some such.

[quote name=\'napanickg\' post=\'171213\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 02:05 PM\']/opie and anthony are better[/quote] For me, a kick in the ass beats a kick in the teeth, but I'm not taking invitations.

[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'171244\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 06:03 PM\']I guess I INVENTED "Street Smarts".  (and I think that means Jay Leno is ripping me off)[/quote]"If this is anyone other than Steve Allen, you're stealing my bit!"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:59:52 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

DrBear

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 10:01:53 PM »
*off to listen to NPR*
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Card Shark

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 10:51:41 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'171180\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 11:36 AM\']
You can certainly argue that Drew doesn't have broadcaster polish when he's hosting, but who cares? And Howard has frequently cited TPIR as an "easy" job he'd like to have, if memory serves. One day of trying to memorize the blocking for just 6 different pricing games would change that tune.

-Jason
[/quote]

Actually, he has said that while he wants or wanted to be a gameshow host, he feels that TPIR has too many games and would be too much work. I know this because I actually got on the air with him late last January when they were doing auditions for Steve Beverly's idol and the other guys. I jokingly suggested that he should hook up an audition with his agent and Howard said that he wants an easy job like hosting Deal or No Deal where he just shows up and asks one question.
Adam Strom

Card Shark

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'171178\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 11:24 AM\']
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' post=\'171170\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 07:23 AM\']
Last week, Howard Stern brought up having watched a recent episode of TPIR and did not have flattering things to say about Drew Carey's performance.[/quote]
Leave it to Stern to be a Barker fanboi.
[/quote]
Yes, he is--quite the fanboi, whatever the heck that is. He said that Bob was his idol or something like that.
Adam Strom

Johnissoevil

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 01:43:23 AM »

-Jason
[/quote]

Yeah, and whenever it's time for a model to get camera time, Howard would more than likely throw in a dirty remark about the model's breasts.  It'd make even the biggest Barker fan want Doug Davidson back...
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Card Shark

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 07:01:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' post=\'171264\' date=\'Dec 4 2007, 01:43 AM\']

-Jason
[/quote]

Yeah, and whenever it's time for a model to get camera time, Howard would more than likely throw in a dirty remark about the model's breasts.  It'd make even the biggest Barker fan want Doug Davidson back...
[/quote]

Yes, but, if someone could actually answer my original question, that would be wonderful.
Adam Strom

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 09:18:58 AM »
Check Variety.com.  They will usually have ratings stories if they are noteworthy.

Stern was doing "Match Game '98" on his radio show way back in the early '80s. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 03:20:03 PM »
If Price's ratings were markedly higher or lower compared to the ratings in previous seasons, no doubt there would be stories coming out by now.  More than likely, given  the lack of noise one way or the other, ratings are holding steady (within a couple tenths either way)

cmjb13

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 03:40:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' post=\'171264\' date=\'Dec 4 2007, 01:43 AM\']
It'd make even the biggest Barker fan want Doug Davidson back...
[/quote]
Nice guy that Doug Davidson
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS