Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Sued Again...  (Read 1784 times)

tpirfan28

TPIR Sued Again...
« on: December 14, 2007, 08:59:52 PM »
Via TMZ.

Donna Tillman, a contestant on TPIR in 2004, is suing the show because the car she got was damaged.  She is claiming negligence on the part of all parties involved (the show and the dealer) because when she took the car in for work, the repairman said that the car had:

"existing front end and structural frame damage" and that the repairs had been done in a way to "conceal or hide the damage by persons unknown."
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

TheInquisitiveOne

TPIR Sued Again...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 09:43:16 PM »
From what I am garnering, how is CBS at fault for this? If anything, all she gets from the studio proper is a "pink slip" and tax information, right?

If there was structural damage, there should be some fault with the dealership responsible, as it should have never been close to the lot in the first place.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

calliaume

TPIR Sued Again...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 08:50:40 AM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'172145\' date=\'Dec 14 2007, 10:43 PM\']
From what I am garnering, how is CBS at fault for this? If anything, all she gets from the studio proper is a "pink slip" and tax information, right?
[/quote]
That's my thinking.  Obviously, if CBS and TPIR hadn't been named in the suit, AP wouldn't have picked it up.

Here's the link to the full story.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
TPIR Sued Again...
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 09:02:44 AM »
Ya know, I'm beginning to wonder whether Donna Tillman was in an accident after she took delivery of the car, the car was poorly repaired, and she sought out a Beverly Hills attorney to file a bogus lawsuit claiming the car was damaged upon delivery.

Just wonderin' is all.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 09:04:46 AM by chris319 »

Mr. Armadillo

TPIR Sued Again...
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 12:50:04 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'172155\' date=\'Dec 15 2007, 07:50 AM\']
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'172145\' date=\'Dec 14 2007, 10:43 PM\']
[/quote]
That's my thinking.  Obviously, if CBS and TPIR hadn't been named in the suit, AP wouldn't have picked it up.

Here's the link to the full story.
[/quote]
Wouldn't that be exactly why CBS and TPiR would be named?