Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone Can Play  (Read 1529 times)

beatlefreak84

Anyone Can Play
« on: December 05, 2007, 11:48:50 PM »
Hi everyone,

Well, I'm scheduled to tape an episode of Anyone Can Play tomorrow (yay!); although I've done the show before, I did it under the old format, and hence my following question:

Unfortunately, I had every intention to listen to the show this week to bone up on the new format, but I've had too much work!  I know, I know...no excuse, right?  :)  So, I apologize for asking this, but could one of you lovely people fill me in on the new format (rules, prizes)?  I tape at 10 EST tomorrow night, so any help you could give me before then would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!  :)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Anyone Can Play
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 08:45:57 AM »
It's been a little while, but I was in your shoes a month or two ago. They were more than happy to explain the new format. It boils down to really two new things: a question where you get to choose each others' category; and a showdown-ending "double or nothing" part where you get to choose from two categories for a question that will double your score if you're right, or send you to 0 if you're wrong.

The endgame is best-of-5 (IIRC, could be more or less) true/false affair for a bigger package of Endless products.

-Jason
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 08:47:14 AM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tomobrien

Anyone Can Play
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 01:14:13 PM »
You'll get it all explained to you but Jason has it correct.  The first two rounds are 10 questions each, with a 2-point "Turnabout" wordplay question at question 5, in which you choose your opponent's category.  The last question is a double-or-nothing, which you'll select from one of 2 categories.  The winners of those 2 rounds face each other in a straight best-of-five round.  The winner of that round goes on to "Call Larry's Bluff," where you have to decide if each of 5 statements are true or false.  There are prizes for winning each particular level.

beatlefreak84

Anyone Can Play
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 09:07:14 AM »
Thanks so much for your help!  I did the show last night and had tons of fun (as always!); if you get a chance, you can listen to me the week of January 8.

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™