Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lock in those British lyrics!  (Read 2630 times)

TravisP

Lock in those British lyrics!
« on: December 06, 2007, 12:11:20 PM »
The news is out today that UK digital satellite broadcaster Sky One (FOX's UK cousin) and production company RDF has signed a deal to produce twelve episodes of the rollercoaster, most talked about, comeback from behind, underdog music show.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/programming/a8...oxs-lyrics.html

National tabloid newspaper The Sun has reported BBC Radio 2 DJ and former host of Don't Forget Your Toothbrush Chris Evans will be taking Wayne Brady's role. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...ticle549660.ece
The format will match the primetime version of Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old? and offer £250,000 as the top prize.

With Sky One using US imports for the bulk of their programming. Winter 2008 will pose a problem as their two key shows 24 & Lost will not appear in their Sunday schedule due to the strike. So with the casting call set to start straight away, we may see the series go into production for a broadcast date around March. There is a high chance, the show will slot into their Sunday night schedule and replace Smarter, when the primetime version will take a close on 1st March.

This is now the third game show format inside a year the channel has bought. The other two are Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old? and Nothing But The Truth (also FOX based programmes).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:14:58 PM by TravisP »

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 02:20:12 PM »
Do you guys have Singing Bee yet? If not, I'm sorry...terribly sorry.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TravisP

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'171445\' date=\'Dec 6 2007, 02:20 PM\']
Do you guys have Singing Bee yet? If not, I'm sorry...terribly sorry.
[/quote]

Well, yes and no. We didn't have The Singing Bee but we did have a three show mini-series called Sing It Back, which was from the same production team as Singing Bee. That aired back in the summer. The only exception here that the overall winner only won £10K (and this is ITV we're talking about) and there wasn't a live band. All the tracks was used from the original music tracks. Oh, we also had a right bastard of a final round.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/page/index.php/Sing_it_Back

I am excited that we are having Lyrics. Since I've seen both Bee and Lyrics. I prefer Lyrics more, the only bummer is Mark Thompson spoiling everything, as you guys already know. The first episode of the second season springs to mind, Thompson mentioning pre-show about the "biggest winner yet". Thank goodness for the fast-forward invention.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 02:54:28 PM by TravisP »