Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Crossword Extras...  (Read 1731 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

More Crossword Extras...
« on: December 13, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
Evening everyone!

So I'm looking around the web and such, and read an article from Broadcasting and Cable.

Crosswords will be available for the PS2 (trademarks be damned), Nintendo DS, and (as you know) XBOX Live arcade, the former two in the fall of 2009. A DVD board game will also be available.

The same magazine has stated that MGC will see a second year on syndication. Broken as the format is, I am cool with this. I can deal (pun noted, not intended) with an hour strip of this show and a more sedate format of DoND next fall. I am sure my NBC affiliate in the Chicagoland area will do just that.

Thoughts?

The Inquisitive One

/I used the search to make sure this was not mentioned before. Advanced apologies if it has.
//for more on the console aspect, go to the Program Partners website.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 11:12:27 PM by TheInquisitiveOne »
This is the Way.

narzo

More Crossword Extras...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 03:30:20 AM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'172054\' date=\'Dec 13 2007, 10:04 PM\']
Evening everyone!

So I'm looking around the web and such, and read an article from Broadcasting and Cable.

Crosswords will be available for the PS2 (trademarks be damned), Nintendo DS, and (as you know) XBOX Live arcade, the former two in the fall of 2009. A DVD board game will also be available.

The same magazine has stated that MGC will see a second year on syndication. Broken as the format is, I am cool with this. I can deal (pun noted, not intended) with an hour strip of this show and a more sedate format of DoND next fall. I am sure my NBC affiliate in the Chicagoland area will do just that.

Thoughts?

The Inquisitive One

/I used the search to make sure this was not mentioned before. Advanced apologies if it has.
//for more on the console aspect, go to the Program Partners website.
[/quote]

I don't see where the article says a second year in syndication is happening.  I just read a board game is coming in the fall.

rugrats1

More Crossword Extras...
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 09:58:43 AM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'172058\' date=\'Dec 14 2007, 03:30 AM\']
I don't see where the article says a second year in syndication is happening.  I just read a board game is coming in the fall.
[/quote]

A board game version of MGC? It's already been done -- called "Scrabble".

TheInquisitiveOne

More Crossword Extras...
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 11:17:17 AM »
I am quite surprised that it's not on the web, but I actually read the article while at my TV station.

Also, I think the last sentence from the article I linked implied it...(paraphrased) In it's first year in syndication, Crossowrds has been cleared in 90% of all markets.

As always, I can be wrong.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
More Crossword Extras...
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'172075\' date=\'Dec 14 2007, 08:17 AM\']
In it's first year in syndication, Crossowrds has been cleared in 90% of all markets.

As always, I can be wrong.[/quote]
All that says is it got a lot of clearance in its first year. Says nothing whatsoever about a second.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe