Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Million Dollar Password  (Read 10120 times)

lobster

Million Dollar Password
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'172641\' date=\'Dec 20 2007, 07:59 PM\']
Apparently, a lot of actors showed up as we were told if you were an actor not to state that as your occupation because middle america won't root for actors because it's thought they make too much money.
[/quote]

Actually, that's an old LA request, being that EVERY game show applicant (that hails from somewhere nearby LA) is an ACTOR of some sort, and so they want a variety.. When I auditioned for Friend or Foe (not that I'm proud by any means) there were signs everywhere saying "Do not list ACTOR as your occupation!" .. Even dishwashers in LA are somewhat budding actors deep down -- waiting for that one chance!  

Here's the funny thing though, they always ask for the city you were born in, because -- again, most people that audition for small-change game shows like FOF are from down the street.. they place ads in the newspaper (this was before craigslist) to do their audition calls and very few hardcores fly in for that crap (the coords told me that no one has ever come from farther than Vegas to audition for FOF by that point -- but I was in town to aud. also for HSq and Pyramid on the same day) .. so instead of introducing EVERYONE on the show from somewhere in S. Cali, they want to pretend there's a variety / cross-section of America, so that's why you often hear "originally from.." even though most everyone is from LA .. case in point, they do that a lot on Camouflage .. almost all GSN shows :D

In my example, though, I really DO live in Texas and have almost all my life (but born in S.I., New York -- moved to Texas when I was 3 years old -- but the form asked where I was born, so what the hell, that's what I put), and so when my show finally aired, in the little bio they put up on the screen it said I was FROM Staten Island .. Funny stuff..  

AT the Password auditions they did tell us not to say we're a doctor or lawyer because THEY make too much money and middle america doesn't feel pity for them...  Well, I know web design people aren't high on the middle-america pity list, but I certainly ain't loaded like a doctor or lawyer, so hopefully I didn't shoot myself in the foot :D ..  (for those of you keeping score at home, I suppose people HIGH on the middle-america "pity" or "want-to-see-win" list are first and foremost Katrina victims, then NYPD firemen, firemen/police in general, and then your standard student/homemaker w/ multiple kids...) Well, I shall now raise my glass of apricot brandy to the hopes that a hardcore password fan that has a 1 year old gets me some of these coveted pitypoints!  Here, here!  *clink!*

You were matched up randomly and brought into the studio where Maury tapes.
Wow, Maury this time??  Haha, we auditioned at the Peoples' Court studio!  What next, Montel's place?

LObs