Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Frustrations with Pyramid  (Read 6066 times)

Kevin Prather

Frustrations with Pyramid
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2003, 07:13:50 PM »
[quote name=\'MCArroyo1\' date=\'Sep 27 2003, 04:42 PM\']
I think, IIRC, it was "these are the sandals that lesbians wear".
Wasn't it "ugly sandals?
If I recall correctly (and how infrequently that happens), he referred to them as "clunky sandals that lesbians wear." [/quote]
 \"These are the big, ugly sandals that lesbians wear!\"

those are the exact words, i do believe.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2003, 08:10:01 PM »
Steering this back on topic, I could tolerate the new show if they fixed the main problem with this season's WC. Use the big pyramid!! For the love of Mike, I saw a clip on the Saturday \"Early Show\" last week and was shocked that it made one cameo appearance. And that \"2 to win\" graphic is especially annoying considering any idiot can count to six, and if you aren't any idiot, seeing the big pyramid would indicate where the team was in the bonus.

Question du jour: why did they move Donny to the other side of the maingame board? To make up for the lack of distance between him and the WC?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2003, 09:17:32 PM »
Pyramid serves the perfect example that less can be more. While I can deal with the rule changes that are different from the classic versions, I cannot stand the camera shots.

One thing that I was taught during my time in production class is that you have a reason for everything. The constant cuts to closeups of the active team are unnecessary and defeats the purpose of the score screens on the teams' tables (as was said earlier). The Winner's Circle has also lost its flavor as well because of bad writing, overused camera shots, and bland music replacing the (more tense and suspense-filled) ticking clock. The Big Pyramid is very impressive. However, when you show off how many cameras that the set has, the Pyramid means jack squat.

I am all for change, but what I have been seeing in the last year is ridiculous.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

JimBob

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2003, 01:07:50 AM »
The producer of the show mentioned that they gave the option of giving the money to charity. He said like 2 of them did and the rest did not