Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game shows on ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown  (Read 1800 times)

brianhenke

Game shows on ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown
« on: December 23, 2007, 05:18:51 PM »
On the eve of the sixth anniversary of the last episode of 2-Minute Drill, host Kenny Mayne returned to the game show world on the Mayne Event segment of ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown.

According to the story, Randy Moss mentioned game shows in an interview in the first week of the Patriots' so-far undefeated season. Mayne traveled to what he called "Game Show Week" and announced that Moss had hosted a game show pilot called "Straight Cash Homey", which never made it past its first episode, ala Rich List and You're in the Picture.

Wink Martindale, Pat Sajak (a fake Wheel segment was shown), Howie Mandel (with the #18 DoND suitcase that was the million-dollar suitcase in the NFL-themed episode), and Ken Jennings were featured in the segment.

I don't know if ESPN will repeat it, though.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

weaklink75

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 05:23:25 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'172925\' date=\'Dec 23 2007, 05:18 PM\']
On the eve of the sixth anniversary of the last episode of 2-Minute Drill, host Kenny Mayne returned to the game show world on the Mayne Event segment of ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown.

According to the story, Randy Moss mentioned game shows in an interview in the first week of the Patriots' so-far undefeated season. Mayne traveled to what he called "Game Show Week" and announced that Moss had hosted a game show pilot called "Straight Cash Homey", which never made it past its first episode, ala Rich List and You're in the Picture.

Wink Martindale, Pat Sajak (a fake Wheel segment was shown), Howie Mandel (with the #18 DoND suitcase that was the million-dollar suitcase in the NFL-themed episode), and Ken Jennings were featured in the segment.

I don't know if ESPN will repeat it, though.

Brian
[/quote]

Here it be.....

mmb5

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 02:00:40 PM »
Wow.  To quote Krusty the Clown, "What the hell was that?".

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

tpirfan28

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 06:00:03 PM »
So...if "Straight Cash Homey" combined the best of Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and $10,000 Pyramid...what would we have?

I'd think a very challenging answer-and-question maingame with the winner moving on to play the Winner's circle with our lovely hostess, Vanna White.  Hosted by Pat Sajak.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Sodboy13

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 06:30:16 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'173104\' date=\'Dec 25 2007, 05:00 PM\']
So...if "Straight Cash Homey" combined the best of Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and $10,000 Pyramid...what would we have?
[/quote]

You'd probably have an oblique reference by Kenny Mayne to a fun and geeky website which captures people out in public in outdated and/or obscure sports jerseys.  A website which, probably by no coincidence, also appears as an occasional feature on espn.com's Page 2.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation