Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nick GAS change......  (Read 6303 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Nick GAS change......
« on: September 29, 2003, 06:55:10 PM »
The new lineup for the Pumping GAS block is Get the Picture, GUTS, Figure it Out, Finders Keepers, and Legends of the Hidden Temple. Looks like Super Sloppy Double Dare got the shaft......

ObGameShow: Could someone please explain to me that \"Time Bomb\" thing on Think Fast's first season? I can't figure out if it's good or bad!

cmjb13

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 07:00:55 PM »
Found this while doing some searching:

In the first season, each team member had 30 seconds to search the lockers, and the extra locker had a \"time bomb\". If the first team member could find the time bomb in under 20 seconds, 10 seconds were added to his/her teammate's time; if not, 10 seconds were deducted. (Later in the season, finding the Time Bomb simply meant that there was no deduction.)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

PeterMarshallFan

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 07:53:47 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 07:00 PM\'] Found this while doing some searching:

In the first season, each team member had 30 seconds to search the lockers, and the extra locker had a "time bomb". If the first team member could find the time bomb in under 20 seconds, 10 seconds were added to his/her teammate's time; if not, 10 seconds were deducted. (Later in the season, finding the Time Bomb simply meant that there was no deduction.) [/quote]
 That's what I thought....the way it was presented on the show was awfully confusing, IMO. The red herring in the second season was better [despite Skip Lackey's revealing it to the players with his cry of \"Who is that? Who is that? Who is that?\"]

cmjb13

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 07:58:48 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 07:53 PM\'] The red herring in the second season was better [/quote]
 You could figure out which one it was during the beginning of the show. The one by himself/herself was it.

I don't know if that was shot in front of the contestants or not.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Chelsea Thrasher

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 08:11:09 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 05:55 PM\'] The new lineup for the Pumping GAS block is Get the Picture, GUTS, Figure it Out, Finders Keepers, and Legends of the Hidden Temple. Looks like Super Sloppy Double Dare got the shaft......

ObGameShow: Could someone please explain to me that "Time Bomb" thing on Think Fast's first season? I can't figure out if it's good or bad! [/quote]
 Hmm....that's the Pumping GAS lineup from back when I first got the Net back in January of this year.....

Looks like they were too busy with the friggin \"camp\" stuff to do a new lineup, so they're recycling the SOS

PeterMarshallFan

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 08:16:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 08:11 PM\']
Looks like they were too busy with the friggin "camp" stuff to do a new lineup, so they're recycling the SOS [/quote]
 Wasn't that supposed to end at the end of this month, or was it suddenly brought back for some reason?

Hey, I'm not complaining about the Pumping GAS lineup. No commercials means more eps can fit on a tape. :-)

daveromanjr

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 08:39:16 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 06:53 PM\'] [despite Skip Lackey's revealing it to the players with his cry of "Who is that? Who is that? Who is that?"] [/quote]
 I'm sorry, but Skip Lackey was, without a doubt, one of the worst gameshow hosts i've ever seen.  Whenever I turn on Think Fast and he's on, I quickly turn the channel.  Although his trying to read cue cards is hilarious especially when it comes to scoring (\"yellow team is ahea........ losing by seve..... two hundred points.  The red, er, blue team has uh, six.... no eight, nine hundred points\")

PeterMarshallFan

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 08:44:29 PM »
[quote name=\'daveromanjr\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 08:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 06:53 PM\'] [despite Skip Lackey's revealing it to the players with his cry of "Who is that? Who is that? Who is that?"] [/quote]
I'm sorry, but Skip Lackey was, without a doubt, one of the worst gameshow hosts i've ever seen.  Whenever I turn on Think Fast and he's on, I quickly turn the channel.  Although his trying to read cue cards is hilarious especially when it comes to scoring ("yellow team is ahea........ losing by seve..... two hundred points.  The red, er, blue team has uh, six.... no eight, nine hundred points") [/quote]
 I agree.....Mike O' Malley was tame compared to him. Even Phil Moore was tolerable compared to Skip!

Michael Carrington is much better.....I don't find him too dull like others do.

daveromanjr

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 11:31:47 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 07:44 PM\'] Michael Carrington is much better.....I don't find him too dull like others do. [/quote]
 I could see where people could find Michael kind of dull, but I think he did a good job with what he had to work with.  He was truly into the games, though... sometimes moreso than the contestants.  Compared to Skip, though, Michael is Marc Summers.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Nick GAS change......
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 01:34:58 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 07:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 08:11 PM\']
Looks like they were too busy with the friggin "camp" stuff to do a new lineup, so they're recycling the SOS [/quote]
Wasn't that supposed to end at the end of this month, or was it suddenly brought back for some reason?

Hey, I'm not complaining about the Pumping GAS lineup. No commercials means more eps can fit on a tape. :-) [/quote]
 The camp stuff was supposed to end in August, but apparently it was popular, so they recycled it through September.  Talk about bad hosts, I can't stand Mati...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MTCesquire

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 02:06:38 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 07:44 PM\']I agree.....Mike O' Malley was tame compared to him. Even Phil Moore was tolerable compared to Skip![/quote]
Ya know, I really don't see why people hate Phil Moore so much.  Sure, he was goofy as hell (some may say a little too goofy), but I thought he did a great job with Nick Arcade.  He brought loads of energy to the show, and I thought he was a perfect fit.

For those that disagree, who would you have chosen to host the show?

Robert Hutchinson

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 03:02:18 AM »
[quote name=\'MTCesquire\' date=\'Sep 30 2003, 01:06 AM\']Ya know, I really don't see why people hate Phil Moore so much.  Sure, he was goofy as hell (some may say a little too goofy), but I thought he did a great job with Nick Arcade.  He brought loads of energy to the show, and I thought he was a perfect fit.[/quote]
I think \"goofy as hell\" pretty much means the same thing as \"too goofy\". And the problem with the energy he brought to the show was that he brought waaaaaay too much of it. Such a huge gap between the host's excitement and the contestants' excitement just makes the whole production looked strained and uncomfortable.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Nick GAS change......
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 11:44:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Sep 30 2003, 12:02 AM\'] Such a huge gap between the host's excitement and the contestants' excitement just makes the whole production looked strained and uncomfortable. [/quote]
 (See Wayne, Patrick)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

Nick GAS change......
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2003, 12:04:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 30 2003, 01:34 AM\'] The camp stuff was supposed to end in August, but apparently it was popular, so they recycled it through September. [/quote]
 At least I got to see Salute your shorts.

Now if they would only show Hey Dude!

Are there any other Nickelodeon game shows  they have the rights to but haven't aired?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Nick GAS change......
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2003, 12:48:51 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 05:55 PM\'] The new lineup for the Pumping GAS block is Get the Picture, GUTS, Figure it Out, Finders Keepers, and Legends of the Hidden Temple. Looks like Super Sloppy Double Dare got the shaft......

ObGameShow: Could someone please explain to me that "Time Bomb" thing on Think Fast's first season? I can't figure out if it's good or bad! [/quote]
 Now, on the overnight block (1:00 AM CST) the block was:
Get The Picture, Guts, You're On!, Nick Arcade, and Figure it Out.
--Mark
Phil 4:13